Darn Seat safety Switch

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #1  

wawajake

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 , Kubota RTV X1100C
Have a 150 hrs on my BX2660,.....thought I knew how the safety switch works by how it worked last year (the manual says very little )
But of late it is doing something new. Start no problem, move and work tractor on jobs no problem , but if you go to get off tractor and leave it idling , it turns off.
It does this even if I am not using pto and pto lever is parked where it should be.
It does this even if I put parking brake on and put tranny in neutral , it still shuts off as soon as I get off the seat.
I even try to be sure forward reverse foot pedal is centered.
Yet if I stand next to it (so not on seat) and start it after it shutoff like that it will start , but if go to sit and use FEL and then get off, off it goes again !

I used to be able to get off the seat and leave it idle while I put items in the FEL or whatever.

What am I missing.........I am very close to cutting the wires under the seat, because having to start the tractor 20 or 30 times during a evening is not good on the tractor.

I would take it to dealer but it is far away and would need to be picked up etc etc ......, but this should be simple !
Which electrical fitting under the seat should be disconnected and or hotwired ? Or do i just not know all the ins and outs of these safety switch things !!

frustrated in Ontario
jake

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #2  
I have a B2920 with similar hours and was having a similar experience. I finally noted the HST pedals seemed to be sticking as I could tap one or the other and get it back started. I mentioned it to the dealer, and he pointed out a grease fitting on that linkage that I had not hit since the 50 hour service. Mine seems to be doing ok now. You mentioned that was centered, but similar enough that I thought I would thow it out as a possability.

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #3  
My 2360 only shuts down if I'm using the pto. I thought it was the seat switch but it's the pto safety. If I jiggle the handle a time or two it's fine. Have to look at it soon.

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #4  
I would fix it correctly before cutting any wires....... of course I'd remove the spring that lifts the seat before I cut wires also.

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #5  
I have the exact same issue with mine. I believe there are 5 safety switches on the BX2660. (Seat Switch, Seat Turn Over Switch, PTO Switch, PTO-R Switch and HST Neutral Switch) The one below your leg on the left side (where the seat hinges) has a spring across the face of the switch and it is used when you want to run something off the PTO without being on the tractor (seat turn over). I find when mine cuts off, I have to turn the key back to off and push on the "seat turn over" switch and it will restart. If I don't reset the switch, It won't start. Something is definately wrong. We should be able to get off and the motor should still run, provided the PTO is not engaged and the brake is set. The frustrating part is mine does not do this all the time.

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #6  
I would fix it correctly before cutting any wires....... of course I'd remove the spring that lifts the seat before I cut wires also.

Wise advise I must say. ;)

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #7  
Mine does a similar thing also. BX2350 with 215 hours. I also have found it it often the PTO that is the problem, I can usually just jiggle the handle that turns if off and on and it O.K.

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #8  
Ditto on the HST pedal sticking, just enough to trip the shut down...

Fixed the pedal but By-passed my switch as well...:D

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #9  
My machine does this from time to time. It's insanity making but fortunately for me, I put it away frustrated and next time I go to use it, it's back to normal?

Probably the HST pedal for me also.

/ Darn Seat safety Switch #10  
I have had a similar issue with my B7800. When I get off the seat, the tractor would shut off. I found the issue to be the HST pedal safety switch. I'm not sure about the B2660, but on the B7800, if the HST switch plunger gets dirty, the switch will be open even if the HST pedal is in neutral. There was another thread recently with this same issue on the B7800 where someone posted a picture of the HST switch. It may be similar on the B2660. Spray a bunch of WD40 or similar product in the switch plunger mechanism and blow it out with air. That may solve the problem. Also make sure the HST pedal is greased properly so that it returns to neutral. If it doesn't and you bypass you seat switch, the tractor may move when you get off the seat.