Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-(

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #21  
I feel for small business owners.
I can appreciate that as I'm in business myself but not a resturant. I own and operate a fabrication and short run machine shop and I full well know about the pitfalls. I'm like Ruger, I don't borrow money for new equipment. When I have the money saved up, I buy it and believe me, machine tools and welding-fabrication equipment is all very expensive. For me, farming is just a sideline that keeps me outta the house and outta my wife's hair.

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #22  
Hope you make it before it closes.

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #25  
Wimp. 😂
Yea, but too bad no one is buying the restaurant and keeping it going.
Restaurants are a very tough business. Long hours and low margins. I’ll bet someone buys it, but it may take awhile and whoever does may do a very different kind of place. My brother manages a restaurant and is a trained chef. He does well, but I don’t envy his hours.

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-(
Neighbors stopped by today, we all love the place. Owner is 91...I'm thinking about starting pipe smoking! All that restaurant equipment, furniture, etc., hope someone does take it over.
There's a similar restaurant in opposite direction from here 7 miles. It was closed 2 years (Covid) then the owner's daughter opened it a year ago.

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #27  
Neighbors stopped by today, we all love the place. Owner is 91...I'm thinking about starting pipe smoking! All that restaurant equipment, furniture, etc., hope someone does take it over.
There's a similar restaurant in opposite direction from here 7 miles. It was closed 2 years (Covid) then the owner's daughter opened it a year ago.
You and the neighbors could form an LLC and buy it together. Ownership doesnt necessitate doing the day to day operations.
According to the interwebz, the stuff he smoked in his pipe is no good for you. THC is apparently good for you and the environment. o_O

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-( #28  
How do we know what was in the pipe?!?!?

/ Darn! Great restaurant closing! :-(
Middleton's Cherry blend. I would bet a large amount neither he nor wife ever smoked pot.
His wife doesn't smoke.
I was joking about it, but at 91 smoking a pipe he's in good shape!
Seriously if free I wouldn't want the restaurant except for the real estate. Running a restaurant would be a nightmare to me. I work every day at home doing things which is enough!