Mowing Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #1  

SandraOpines

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3560, Kubota GL4060
Here is a video of hubby (PSDStu on this forum) bush hogging the very steep right of way on our road. Still has a lot of Hurricane Michael debris left in it. Definitely a nail biter.

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #2  
He's doing it the right way!! I'd be afraid of mud at the bottom (my bad luck) but as long as the bush hog can articulate enough when crossing the ditch, no concerns that I can see.

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #3  
I do that type stuff with my zero turn. I have a set of garbage blades and a set of lugged atv tires for better traction and puncture resistance. But, you use what you got.

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #4  
Your rotary cutter articulates so much more than mine! I would need to adjust the 3 point almost constantly to do it driving through like that. I wish mine would swing that much.

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #5  
Enjoy thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #6  
My wife routinely finish mows steep yards with our B26. Wish our yard was as level as your right of way. Good technique but we remove the grapple when mowing cause we have more obstacles.
Good shoutout for the Brown rotary cutter hitting that stump. I want one. Trying to decide between Brown and bush hog 316.

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #7  
I wouldn't call it dangerous, and he did it the safest way.

Some of the roadside mowing I see makes me sweaty just looking at the slopes they mow - - AND the tracks in the grass showing how they did it sideways. Yikes!

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #8  
Passed a guy pulling a zero turn out of a ditch with a tractor today. Backed it in just like that and stuck it.

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #9  
I cut a much steeper hillside where the tractor routinely slides sideways.
First couple times it happened, it scared the buhjeebers out of me.:eek: :eek:
Next few times, it scared me a little.:eek:
Now I just slide, course correct and keep going. Usually while eating a protein bar snack :laughing:

/ Dangerous Steep Ditch Bush Hog #10  
It’s always interesting to see what other people consider steep or dangerous. I’ve lived on the side of a mountain for my entire life and have learned to deal with many difficult situations related to our terrain. Thanks for sharing.