Dang rear fender lights!

/ Dang rear fender lights! #1  

moored4

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N
I've been brush hoging blackberries on a section of land, getting it ready to reforest and my L3540 rear flasher lights or broke :mad: again. dang plastic! :mur:!!! Has any one found a replacement for this lights that is a better desine and/or made of Non destructive material! Every little limb and vine wants tear them off as you drive by!:(

Attachments

• rear light.jpg
    rear light.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 265
   / Dang rear fender lights! #3  
I have never broken my light. I do keep branches trimmed back where I mow. What I can't mow, I spray. I don't like getting that close. Philip.

/ Dang rear fender lights! #4  
I snagged mine in the junk that grows between the woods and the field the first or second time I brush hogged the edges. There's also a pair of eyeglasses out there, somewhere.

I picked up replacements at TSC and plan to relocate them down in the bottom bends of the ROPS just above the fenders. Plan is to do it when I install the work lights, up top, so all the wiring will be run at once. I plan to add a guard around the outside of them, as bcp suggests. The lights will be secured to the inside of the guard, and the guard will be U-bolted to the ROPS, so no holes or welding on the ROPS. I'll gin up a picture and post it as soon as I get near a scanner ...

/ Dang rear fender lights! #5  
After replacing a few with tractor supply versions,I removed them since I never use the tractor on the road.I will have a nice shiney set of working lights when I sell!
John

/ Dang rear fender lights! #6  
After replacing a few with tractor supply versions,I removed them since I never use the tractor on the road.I will have a nice shiney set of working lights when I sell!
John
I too need to remove the rear lights off my new BX2660 before they get torn off. Will do it today.:thumbsup:

/ Dang rear fender lights! #7  
I too need to remove the rear lights off my new BX2660 before they get torn off. Will do it today.:thumbsup:

My wife goes through a couple of sets each year, but we have to have them as she mows along the road and has to get out on the county road to access some of our property.