Mowing Damaged rotary.

/ Damaged rotary. #11  
Yep that jumper looks like it was damaged in shipping and handling. For that to occur in use you would have heard and felt the impact when it hit the stone or whatever.

If this was a new dealer sold unit the dealer needs to fix or replace the mower. If you bought it used from an individual good luck.

/ Damaged rotary. #12  
Yep that jumper looks like it was damaged in shipping and handling. For that to occur in use you would have heard and felt the impact when it hit the stone or whatever.

If this was a new dealer sold unit the dealer needs to fix or replace the mower. If you bought it used from an individual good luck.

Exactly. Your photo is easy to misinterpret but I don't think you could have done that damage yourself. As TractorGuy said it was done in shipping/handling. The dealer should replace the stump jumper at very least and better yet swap you a new cutter and take back the damaged one.

/ Damaged rotary. #13  
Let us know what happens. If the dealer refuses to fix it, let us know the name of the dealer so we can avoid doing business with him.

/ Damaged rotary. #14  
Same thing happened to me recently, brand new cutter (I did not crawl underneath to do initial inspection, either) went to use it about a week after it was delivered...dealer replaced it no problems. These things are probably best moved with straps or chains from the top side rather than poking around underneath w/ forks.

/ Damaged rotary. #15  
absolute responsibility of dealer to replace the stump jumper. don't let up as he will try to distract & shift blame.
get K central involved if necessary. also keep an eye on the oil seal underneath.... best of luck

Last edited: