D_DAY

/ D_DAY #11  
Some one correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is NH, FORD purchased a percentage of Shubura in Japan, they make the engine drivetrain assembly. Fiat purchased NH from Ford

Final assembly takes place in Georgia. At a new facility NH Built

Also Fiat has purchaced Case and is now if not before the largest tractor manufacturer in the world.

/ D_DAY
Hi, I took the advice offered and looked at the New Holland. They had the 21 horse gear driven...no hst and the 29TC with supersteer. I was impressed with the creature comforts..tilt steering wheel, four headlights, easy access to the engine. My question is, how durable are these tractors. I assume the engine is direct injection that is made in Japan along with the tranny...Japanese. What are your feelings on supersteer...QQQ

/ D_DAY #13  
David USMC,

I have the TC18 HST and feel these tractors are very durable! I've worked mine in moving fill dirt, top soil, and cutting sod/topsoil with the rear scoop and no problem.

Supersteer, don't know much about, someone posted that it would probably be nice it you had to get into and around stalls...I'd agree. My TC turns around just fine at the end of mowing rows with no brakes. Don't know what type of injection the engines are?

Here's an excerpt from the Shibaura webpage:
"About Ishikawajima-Shibaura Machinery Co. Ltd. (ISM)
ISM is a leading producer of Diesel engines, Agricultural Machinery, Lawn Maintenance Machinery and Powertools. Most customers of ISM Tokyo are leading companies in their market. Since 1987 ISM has a joint-venture with Perkins for the production of the Perkins 100-series engines.
ISM is, among others producing for Ford New Holland, Honda, Stihl, MTD, Ransomes and Yanmar.

Factories: MATSUMOTO and OKAYAMA
ISM is part of Ishikawajima-harima Heavy Industies Co., Ltd (IHI).

Ishikawajima-harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd (IHI) which started with the shipbuilding business in 1853, is involved in a variety of businesses today. IHI operations now range from designing and building ships, offshore facilities, bridges, industrial machinery & plants, and aerospace products, Entering new business areas successivley on continuous R&D of new technologies, IHI has become one of Japan's leading heavy industries."

My TC18 has a serial # plate on the front bumper that reads "Made in Japan" so I believe that my whole tractor was made in a Shibaura factory. However, there is a new plant in Dublin, Georgia for production/final assembly?

Good Luck, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ D_DAY #14  
It is no longer Ford New Holland. Quite some time ago New Holland bought out the Ford tractor division. As part of this deal, in order not to have name reconition problems, New Holland was allowed to use the Ford name on their tractors for 10 years. At first it was a big Ford name and a little New Holland name on the hood. After a while it became a big New Holland and a little Ford name on the hood. Now that the 10 year agreement has expired it is only New Holland.

Andy