Cylinder seal kits

/ Cylinder seal kits #1  

trentk

Tractor
Zetor 4321
I have a 4321 with 102 loader and my dad's 6320. The seals on the 102 loader tilt cylinder needs a seal kit and the 6320 needs a steering cylinder seal kit. I found the steering seal kit online for about half the price my local dealer charges but I cant find anything for the loader cylinder. Dealer wants $162 for loader kit and $136 for the steering cylinder kit. I found the steering kit for $74 online.

Does anyone have a good online source for kits such as these? Also a source for the rubber dust boots for the ball joints. Seems like the online dealers have limited stock. I would like to find a good online dealer with a large inventory or one that will at least answer their phone.

/ Cylinder seal kits #2  
A shop dealing with hydraulic should be able to pick together all you need but you maybe have to take the old ones out so they can find a match.

/ Cylinder seal kits #3  
My New Holland dealer told me that they take all of their hydraulic cylinders to East Texas Hydraulic here in Tyler TX. I was buying the kits from the, but then New Holland started combining their kits for more models, and then I had to by a new Piston so the new kits would work on my cylinders. Instead of paying over $100 for a kit, and another $100 to $150 for a new piston, I pay about $100 to have them do all of the work, and supply the parts. They just buy the exact seals that they need, which is usually less then $10 in parts and $90 for labor. Sometimes it might be twice that in parts, but I've never paid more then $120 for an entire rebuild from them!!! Usually they are done in a couple days, but the longest I've waited is a week.

If you can't find a local listing there, I would bet good money that your local dealers would know who does cylinder rebuilds. If not a dealer, ask any construction company where they take their cylinders.

When I bring in a cylinder, they don't even ask what its off of, they take it apart, find what needs to be replaced, and order each individual seal based on type and size. some seals are less then a buck. They just order exactly what they need, so there is no need to buy a kit with dozens of seals in it and you only use a few of them.

/ Cylinder seal kits #4  
I take the cylinders apart and take the seals to the local hydraulic rebuilder, they'll match them up. Some cylinders use "O" rings. I can source those at the local Ace hardware. Rebuilt two curl cylinders on my skid steer for the total cost in parts of $2.40. A bit of scrounging usually pays off.