Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs.

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #1  

Bmantel

Tractor
Kubota BX24 / G2160 / JCB JS300LC-Stage 4
I'm sitting here in the airport waiting for my delayed flight - again - and started thinking to myself:
How many cylinders do you own?
Is it good to have more? Do you win if you die with the most toys?

Or is less better...??? Especially with the crap gas we all have to use that loves to eat carburetors.

I bought a snowblower for my BX to get rid of the walk-behind model (-1 cylinder) then the Stihl Kombi system to get rid of separate leaf blower, grass trimmer, and hedge trimmer (-2 cyld). 10KW PTO generator, PTO wood Chipper, PTO rototiller (-3 cylinders) all replacements for stand alone models with engines.

So this makes it, currently:
Kubota G2160: 3
Kubota BX24: 3
Stihl Kombi: 1
Stihl Farmboss saw: 1

Total: 8

Previously (all the above plus)
Tiller: 1
Blower: 1
String trimmer: 1
Hedge trimmer: 1
6.5kw generator: 2
Crappy chipper: 1
Walk behind tiller: 1
Walk behind snowblower: 1

Old count: 17

Am I better off? Well I have less carb rebuilding, but my checkbook is considerably lighter as well.

Thoughts?
Blake

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #2  
My Thoughts?

It's amazing what your mind can come up with when you're sitting there bored. :)

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #3  
As far as cylinder count,,
This red tractor,,

aWl3oZK.jpg

and this green tractor

nGuzpg3.jpg

will total WAY beyond seventeen,, not even counting the hydraulic top link,, and the two cylinder grapple,,

:unsure: :eek:

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #4  
Chev PU -8
Jeep -6
Honda -4
MF tractor -3
Big riding mower -2
Small riding mower -2
Walk behind Mower -1
Chain saws (3) -3
Leaf blower -1
Weed wacker -1
Generator -1
Pressure washer -1

Total 33 (I think)

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #5  
Looking at it from that prospective I only have a few cylinders in operation ,several others don't run at the moment so thiose don't count. Next week a few cylinders will trade places so I should be fine.

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #6  
Type of cylinder would play into it I would think as well as if it actually runs:
Diesel:
3cyl x4, 4cyl x1 = 16
Gas 4stroke:
10cyl x1, 8cyl x1, 6cyl x2, 4cyl x1, 1cyl x5 = 39
Gas 2 stroke:
1cyl x2 = 2

Then if you want to extend the meaning of "cylinders"...
Hydraulic cylinders:
Pneumatic cylinders:

So 57 or 75 functional cylinders depending on how one counts...

Makes me wonder if I really need all this crap and how much time I spend maintaining said crap...

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #7  
this was a fun exercise.
46 working IC engine cylinders (with pistons ;-) Seven are on two wheels. And not forgetting the generator.
Plus Two ROTORS (Mazda RX-7)

Don't get me started on electric motors......-)

Dang! I forgot the two leaf blowers. Add two more...;-))

Last edited:
   / Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #8  
Excursion - 8
Hummer - 8
Jaguar xkr - 8
ram 2500 - 8
f150 - 6
xterra - 6
Oliver 88 - 6
Jaguar epace - 4
mini cooper - 4
Ferguson to30 - 4
Kubota b8200 - 3
Kubota b7200 - 3
Bobcat 610 - 3
Ditchwitch J20 - 2
New Holand s14 - 1
New Holand s14 - 1
Husqvarna blower - 1

68? I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something.

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #9  
Well, let's see; 8 in the Ford, 6 in the Kia, and 3 in the Kioti.

I suppose I could count the lawn equipment, but I'm not going to because I don't want to. Not like they'd add much anyhow.

So I guess I'm sitting on 17; 21 if I wanted to count the smallest engines. I suppose I'm not doing this right.

/ Cylinder Count? Are you a winner, I mean looser..... :- ) For your outdoors needs. #10  
That's a broad question. Are we talking about combustion, hydraulic, pneumatic, rifled ones that go bang, hollow ones with sharp tips and fletching, extra pipe on the rack, bottled gas, etc,,,,,???

When it comes to the question of winner or looser, I'm honestly more on the loose side.

Last edited: