Cyclone Rake Toughness

/ Cyclone Rake Toughness #1  

KennyG

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I have a Cyclone Rake Commercial Pro I've been using for about 8 years now. When leaf vacuums are discussed, some people question the CR because it uses a plastic/composite blower while some others use metal. I ordered mine with the hardened steel liner because I have acorns and sand. With the pickup tube I often pick up small rocks also. I've kept an eye on the fan and have not seen damage. Yesterday, I was sucking up a pile of leaves and uncovered a spray can of OFF insect repellent. I saw it just before it entered the pickup tube.

There was a loud bang when it hit the fan and I immediately shut the unit down. I looked carefully at the fan and there is no sign that anything happened. It was crushed and went right through. I don't think I want to repeat the test, but I now think the fan is almost indestructible.

/ Cyclone Rake Toughness #2  
That's good to hear. I have a hand-held leaf blower/vac with a plastic impeller. I used it for years and years just as a blower. Excellent machine. One season I decided to put the bagger on it and use it as a vac. It ate the impeller. I was bummed, because it was a sweet running little blower. Parts are no longer available. :(

/ Cyclone Rake Toughness #3  
I have a Cyclone Rake Commercial Pro I've been using for about 8 years now. When leaf vacuums are discussed, some people question the CR because it uses a plastic/composite blower while some others use metal. I ordered mine with the hardened steel liner because I have acorns and sand. With the pickup tube I often pick up small rocks also. I've kept an eye on the fan and have not seen damage. Yesterday, I was sucking up a pile of leaves and uncovered a spray can of OFF insect repellent. I saw it just before it entered the pickup tube.

There was a loud bang when it hit the fan and I immediately shut the unit down. I looked carefully at the fan and there is no sign that anything happened. It was crushed and went right through. I don't think I want to repeat the test, but I now think the fan is almost indestructible.
I have picked up just about everything except an aerosol can with mine. Nothing has ever affected it, until I got a couple chunks of 2x4 that broke it. I think it was age made it brittle instead of flexible. They sold me a new one, I've been back in business for over a year.

/ Cyclone Rake Toughness #4  
I know I have sucked up gravel, even though I try not to. No problems so far.

/ Cyclone Rake Toughness #5  
Have had my Cyclone Rake for about 10 years now. Impeller still good, operates the same as always. I do about 4 acres of grass in the Spring/Summer, and leaves in the Fall. Impeller and engine have not given me any issues.

The only thing that could be better in the CR is the clips they use to attach hoses and the discharge chute. They are at the point where they come loose too often, thinking about a different type of latch, or maybe just replace the original ones.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2005 Magnolia Log Trailer (A34302)
2005 Magnolia Log...
FORD PICKUP BED TRAILER, NO TITLE (A34808)
FORD PICKUP BED...
New 14' Bi-Parting Gate with Deer (A34302)
New 14' Bi-Parting...
EXCAVATOR BUCKET... (A34808)
EXCAVATOR...
1060 3PT RB5072 FRONTIER ANGLE BLADE (A34733)
1060 3PT RB5072...
2018 Freightliner Cascadia 125 Truck (A34573)
2018 Freightliner...