CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac

/ CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac #1  

straightsix

Tractor
Kioti
Last year we purchased a 10ac property in northern NV. I have approximately 2ac of alfalfa that I would like to get rid of, several fruit trees with more on the way, and plenty of weeds to battle. I also have several unused corrals so were also looking at adding large animals other than our chickens once were a little more established. Luckily I have an awesome neighbor that let's me borrow his MF 1835M but I definitely need my own tractor.

Price and emissions has put me into the sub 25hp market and I have narrowed it down to the CX2510 vs the CK2620. I'm looking at around the same price for each but the 2510 would include the FEL, box blade, 3rd function installed, and a grapple. For roughly the same cost I would get the 2620 with just the FEL and box blade. The price for each is the max im looking to spend. Would it be worth it to just get the 2620 and add the grapple down the road or would the 2510 be sufficient? I just have this feeling that the 2510 won't be enough for ripping that alfalfa field and that I'm going to find that the loader capacity isn't enough. Am I just over thinking it?

Pictures of land for reference.

Attachments

• 20230330_154545.jpg
    20230330_154545.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20230330_155442.jpg
    20230330_155442.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 56
   / CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac #3  
Your topic in T-B-N ARCHIVE:

CX2510 vs CK2620 site:tractorbynet.com

Kioti CX2510 Transmission​

Transmission
Typehydrostatic
Gearsinfinite forward and reverse (2-range)

Kioti CK2620 Transmission​

Transmission
Typehydrostatic
Gearsinfinite forward and reverse (3-range)

Last edited:
   / CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac #4  
Last year we purchased a 10ac property in northern NV. I have approximately 2ac of alfalfa that I would like to get rid of, several fruit trees with more on the way, and plenty of weeds to battle. I also have several unused corrals so were also looking at adding large animals other than our chickens once were a little more established.

Price and emissions has put me into the sub 25hp market and I have narrowed it down to the CX2510 vs the CK2620. I'm looking at around the same price for each but the 2510 would include the FEL, box blade, 3rd function installed, and a grapple. For roughly the same cost I would get the 2620 with just the FEL and box blade. The price for each is the max im looking to spend. Would it be worth it to just get the 2620 and add the grapple down the road or would the 2510 be sufficient? I just have this feeling that the 2510 won't be enough for ripping that alfalfa field and that I'm going to find that the loader capacity isn't enough. Am I just over thinking it?
You need a 12" or 14" single bottom moldboard plow or a three (3) tine All Purpose Plow more than a Box Blade.

A FEL Bucket Spade is excellent for planting trees.

Buy the CK2620. Buy an implement only when you have the need for it. Research exhaustively.

LINK:

Last edited:
   / CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac
Thank you for the responses! I know its a common decision and I think if I was back on my old 5ac place the CX would be my preferred machine but I think I'll pick up the CK. I'll get some cheap pallet forks to move the brush piles I currently have.

/ CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac #6  
Thank you for the responses! I know its a common decision and I think if I was back on my old 5ac place the CX would be my preferred machine but I think I'll pick up the CK. I'll get some cheap pallet forks to move the brush piles I currently have.
Try to find a few dollars for an optional SSQA (Skid Steer Quick Attach - an industry standard) bucket to FEL coupling.

/ CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac #7  
You'll never regret going with the CK over the CX, unless you've got to get into some really tight areas, or you're looking to use it as a lawnmower. That said, if you can get all your hydraulics installed at the get-go, do it. If you're financing, they're bending you over a barrel anyhow, it's never going to be cheaper than adding them before purchase. Buy the grapple itself later, but get the hydraulics now.

/ CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac #8  
You've got 10 acres. Get the SE with the rear hydraulics and options package. As others have said it will never be cheaper than at purchase time.

And make sure the front remote system is put on at the dealer. You'll will want it sooner or later. Probably sooner for a grapple or front auger.

You'll spend half or more as much on just getting the rear hydraulics put on later as you will getting the whole SE version of the tractor.

Then you'll be set for a grapple, and rear hydraulics. I put the top (not side tilt) cylinder on the back top link myself it's cheap and easy to do and I use it constantly to adjust for picking up box blade and chipper with the quick hitch. No getting off the tractor needed to pick up some ballast or move a rear implement.

/ CX2510 or CK2620 for 10ac #9  
For what you said you would use it for, the CK all day every day and twice on Sunday. You'll regret the lack of capacity on all the specs of the CX almost immediately.