CX vs CS?

/ CX vs CS? #1  

macnitti

Tractor
Ford 8N
We have decided we want to buy a Kioti but the husband and I are debating which model. He likes the CS2220 and I think we should go a step above for 6k more and get the CX2510, future proof a bit. We do own a Ford 8N that is my husband's passion project and never working right but he's convinced one he has it working we won't need the CX.

We have just under 5 acres. We would like to use it for mowing, snow removal, moving small round bails and work around the property with the loader. What is everyone's thoughts? Is he right or can you help me win this?

/ CX vs CS? #2  
If the price difference isn’t making or breaking this (sounds like it’s not, or you might have made a bigger deal of it), then get the bigger one and future-proof. I’m in Florida now, but I tried snow control with my Kubota BX, and would never recommend it for that. It was OK at everything, but not great (even mowing). There is only one use case I can imagine for a sub-compact over the next biggest model, and that is clean out of confined spaces, like horse stables. Outside that, I don’t see an argument to get the smaller one. There’s nothing the CX won’t do better.

If you get a third function and a grapple, you will be happier with the stronger loader and higher capacity. The mowers will probably be effectively the same for cut quality. You have more engine and PTO hp. It can pull more. My BX would spin its wheels if the load was too great. Plenty of power but no mass.

Last edited: