Buying Advice CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301)

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #21  
I've owned a geared CK2510 for the past 5 years, started with 1.5 acres and now on 16 acres. It's my little tractor now. It's been very reliable, but the PTO is not independent and there is no built in overrunning clutch, so you want to make sure you buy an overrunning clutch for the PTO if you go with the gear drive. I use a 4' Tebben brush mower and it can get bogged down in really thick stuff. I run a BX32 chipper no problem. I pull a 1 bottom(12") plow and 4' disc with ease. I find the gears to be spaced pretty well for the tasks I use it for. Low range 3rd gear for most things. I do find reverse in low range is a bit slow, and reverse in high range is a bit too fast.

Lift capacity is pretty good for a small tractor, but you need counterweight. I have loaded tires and found that the rear bolt pattern is the same as a Chevy 1500, so I added some brake discs as wheel weights. If you do a lot of mowing and loader work, I'd go for the CX2510 hydro as it's updated with some more features and you can adjust your mowing speed without having to wait for the PTO to stop in order to shift gears.

The only other thing to think about is the wheel spacing. The CK2510 is only about 37 inches center to center with R1 tires, and it can feel a bit tippy at times. I swapped my front wheels side to side which brought them to about 46 inches center to center. Much more stable, but now they are a couple inches wider than the bucket, not to mention the added stress on the front axles and bearings. The rears can't be moved out unless you buy wheel spacers.

With regards to the hydraulics, the loader is really fast to respond and you really have to be careful so as not to slam the loader around. I found the loader joystick to be on the short side and made it difficult to finesse. I made a longer joystick and made it so it curves back, closer to my hand, and I find I have much more control.

Overall a great little tractor, and plenty of tractor for 5 acres in my opinion.

Last edited:
   / CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #22  
I am located in Ontario. I just bought a 2021 Kioti CX2510MB (Manual transmission) paid $21K Cdn Plus tax this included the KL2510C FEL, block heater, two rear remotes and R4 tires. I did not take the 0% financing option so the FEL was included in the price. I also purchased a Meteor 60 inch pull type snow blower. Good luck.
I am considering purchase the same tractor in Ontario as well, what is your experience since owning the tractor. thanks

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #23  
Jeff----- "Kioti has < 2% of compact tractor sales in USA but gaining, as are other Korean tractor brands. I speculate..." -----

SPECULATE is all it is. There is a document on another thread PROVING your speculation is FALSE!

Kioti has a current market share of 16%, with their goals to capture 20% of the market in the next year or two for the 40hp and under market.

Others have asked you multiple times to provide documentation of your SPECULATED 1-2% of market share..... you have not provided that information for the past year.....

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #24  
Kioti in the compact tractor segment, now holds a 20% market and revenue share. And it's a huge success story. Kioti continues to show good revenue growth and competes very well with Kubota and John Deere. Kioti now has taken the #3 ranking for compact and subcompact tractors.

Last edited:
   / CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #25  
I am considering purchase the same tractor in Ontario as well, what is your experience since owning the tractor. thanks
The tractor CX2510 is working good, it was purchased to blow snow. As a first time tractor owner I am getting use to it, got it stuck once by going over the edge of the paved driveway (6 inch drop) and I got it out without even using the diff lock. I grooved the front tires for better traction as my tires are not loaded. As I had never run the tractor at PTO speed before the snow started falling this winter, but I did notice at 2600 rpm there seems to be alot of blueish smoke even after the engine comes up to normal operating temp. The temperature was around minus 15 C around me so that could also be a factor. I just lower the rpm slightly and the amount of smoke reduces, called the dealer and they had me check a few things and recommended a fuel system lubricate so I am doing that now but don't see a big difference, that is the only thing I don't like about it after 25 hours on it. The MK martin 60 inch inverted blower works well. Just wish my garage door was 3 inches taller so I could have gotten a cab model.

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #26  
OP - I just went through this decision process (with great help from this forum) and settled on the Kioti CK2610, which arrives this Friday!
Compared to the Kubota L2501, which seemed to be the most comparable model, it seemed to have similar quality, more features and was $4400 less. Easy decision for me.
Note: I am not a tractor expert, just a newbie....

Attachments

• 1642816324436.png
    1642816324436.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 152
   / CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #27  
Hi everyone.

Tractor newbie here and have been browsing forums and researching what tractor might work best for me and my property for the last year or so. 5 acres only. with 2 acres of field , 2 acres of brush, 1 acre around the house(backyard) . alot of flat area but some hills to upper and lower area. looking to reclaim the brush area, add a workshop, add a decent length of driveway/ change the current one, move some mulch and dirt on regular bases, move some stuff on pallets, cut some.of the field grass (not worried about clean cut) till some of the field, dig a bunch of fence posts, clear snow in winter and anything else that comes up.

I originally was looking subcompact with little backhoe but have shifted to a compact and skipping the mini backhoe. have a decent amount of trenching and some power / water lines to run, but my grandfather 2km away has a Kubota B26 with hoe, that could come over for some of that/ always renting mini excavator is an option. I feel like bigger tractor that comes out cheaper than a little subcompact with a backhoe will serve me better / allow more room for future unknown uses, and better ground clearance for the rougher fields and brush clearing.

Right in my smaller town I have a kioti dealer 15 min away. and a Kubota dealer 10 min away. John deer is 45 min away in another town and I have pretty much written them off. the kioti dealer is much smaller but has been around for 15 years, selling kioti for 9 apparently, and are a "five paw dealer" or whatever rating kioti gives. the service area seems decent but small . the Kubota dealer is pretty big and has much more inventory and big service area, my grandfather has dealt with them and they seem decent.

I am leaning towards the kioti ck2510 with just the quick attach FEL however the dealer sold the last one he had a couple weeks ago and will be getting more potentially end of May. He does however have the new cx2510 which there is limited info on and is trying to send me that direction for small amount more in price. it appears to be the exact same with small changes like arm rests and dual pedals.

My main question is should I be worried about the brand new model? like the first generation of a car ? I prefer the pedal style on the new model but would the older proven model be a safer bet ? am I over thinking this ?

I am also still in the back of my mind have kubota there. But it seems like kioti out performs both b series models by a decent amount for much cheaper.

Initial quotes (canada) with just FEL
Cx2510 : 22500$
Kubota B2301: 24400$
B2601: 26700$

Both offering 0% for 84 months.

As I said, I'm leaning towards the kioti, but do have some hesitations over reliability/ brand over kubota but paying more for less doesn't seem ideal.

Anyways Any input is appreciated, and sorry for this long message.

Thanks in advance !
You'll be A LOT happier with a CK2610. Especially if you buy it first.

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #28  
I bought the Kioti CX 2510 HST in the spring of 2021. I have 80 hours on it now. Wish I had more! First service at 50 hours was made difficult because the filters were painted with the tractor, but I did it myself with no trouble. I saved money by crossreferencing the numbers with WIX filters. This is the first I have owned, but not the first equipment I have operated. It took no time to get used to. I have used 4x4 and the rear diff lock often. It has the R4 industrial tread, FEL, and backhoe. Added a grapple, rotary cutter, rear mower, and box blade. I have used it to mow my lawn, clean up a tree we cut down, remove a large amount of shrubbery, demolish and remove a brick well house, remove a block retaining wall and reshape the lawn, remove small trees, dig up several stumps, dig a level parking spot out of a slope, and dig 300ft for a new septic line. I have also redressed my driveways a couple of times. Not bad for 80 hours.

I bent a bracket moving brush, but was able to bend it back. I had to tighten a few bolts here and there as usual with a new machine. I wanted a CK2610, but price brought me to this unit. I have no regrets. I would not want any less power as in the other brands, and having gotten used to the fast hydraulics, I would be impatient with anything slower.

I thoroughly enjoy this tractor and find it sized just right for me. I would naturally like more, but I have found a great balance for my wants vs my needs.