cut a little

/ cut a little #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Put the rotary mower on the TC40 yesterday. Only had a short time to do anything, but did cut a little field grass, and some 4' high buckbrush.

I grass was pretty wimpy. But, I was impressed how the chopper just made mulch out of the 1.5" stemmed buckbrush. I had a beefy 4' rotary mower on my old Kubota but it only had 19hp. Although it would real slowly cut the same stuff, it was just amazing how well the 40hp and 6' rotary mower chopped stuff.

It was kinda sad to cut the buckbrush; it has beautiful flowers on them right now. But, need to clear for fire safety.

/ cut a little #2  
Gotta have pics to remind us of mowing on this coast line.;)

/ cut a little #3  
Gotta have pics to remind us of mowing on this coast line.;)

Thomas, are you starting to feel a little green-deprived? I've been watching my grass greening up and my oak trees in bloom. I know it's spring because my sinuses and pollen allergies are going crazy.:)

/ cut a little #4  
Jinman.
"are you starting to feel a little green-deprived?"
Just a tad. ;)

"sinuses and pollen allergies are going crazy"
Ahhh but your bones have thaw out and soon blue bonnet flowers shall be blooming. :)

/ cut a little
Here ya go. Did I ever mention, in addition to rebuilding her first Harley, a 70's Sportster, in about 1980, my wife is also a Master Gardener? It is windy today; tried hard to get these in focus :D

Jinman.
"are you starting to feel a little green-deprived?"
Just a tad. ;)

Attachments

• DSCN0597.JPG
    DSCN0597.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0598.JPG
    DSCN0598.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN0599.JPG
    DSCN0599.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
   / cut a little #6  
Here ya go. Did I ever mention, in addition to rebuilding her first Harley, a 70's Sportster, in about 1980, my wife is also a Master Gardener? It is windy today; tried hard to get these in focus :D

1st picture - Phlox?
2nd picture - ??
3rd picture - redbud?

Am I close on 1 and 3?

/ cut a little #7  
Pics warm the bones which makes one think of t-shirt weather.:)

Your wife does indeed have the touch.

/ cut a little
Actually it is cold here today(well, ~50f), windy, and changing weather. 15 minutes before I snapped those pics, it was dark and hailing outside. The Sierra's only an hour away are getting pounded with snow.

Last 10 days though, were mid 70's. Shoulda seen all the bikes heading to Poor Red's!

Pics warm the bones which makes one think of t-shirt weather.:)

Your wife does indeed have the touch.

/ cut a little #10  
So Robert.... How many miles did the Stortster travel before needing the complete teardown ? No doubt about it.. one must have to be a mechanic to own one. I prefer just riding the Hondas.
Nice flowers. Were lucky it quit snowing.