Custom Kubota Backhoe Built From SS60 Micro Excavator

/ Custom Kubota Backhoe Built From SS60 Micro Excavator #11  
How did you prep the machine for the spray job? How did you clean the old paint?
I have a skidsteer that could use some paint.

/ Custom Kubota Backhoe Built From SS60 Micro Excavator #12  
Very creative and clean looking build. Good workmanship.

/ Custom Kubota Backhoe Built From SS60 Micro Excavator
How did you prep the machine for the spray job? How did you clean the old paint?
I have a skidsteer that could use some paint.

Industrial degreaser & power washer

/ Custom Kubota Backhoe Built From SS60 Micro Excavator
Short update: Still works great. Haven't tore up anything, not even the jacks. I've done dozens of customer jobs including <12" stump removal, bushes, rocks, drainage & electrical install. Worth every bit of the time I spent working on it. The only upgrade I've made is a better travel stop for the main boom.

Fab on fellow tractor enthusiast!

/ Custom Kubota Backhoe Built From SS60 Micro Excavator #15  
Cool project, thanks for the update! First time i'd seen this thread..

Getting all the main pieces from an actual commercially built machine probably skips all the learning curve of people not building diggers quite heavy-duty enough. Im not surprised it's holding up well.

Any idea what the thing weighs? I've noticed that backhoes make small loader tractors a lot better at being loader tractors because they add so much weight. It helps in at least 3 ways, 1 giving the rear tires better traction for pushing loader into things, 2 as counterweight increasing max lift of loader before rear gets light, and 3 transferring more weight off the front of the tractor which reduces steering effort. Have you noticed those other benefits to any degree?