Current TN75DA but considering TL90 or 8540 Ku

/ Current TN75DA but considering TL90 or 8540 Ku #1  

threeman

Silver Member
I have a TN75DA, 06 model. Loaded. The loader is BushHog model but I have never been satisfied with it. Its slow. I had a ROPS model before with same loader and it worked very well. This tractor the loader leaks down and so does the rear attachment if left over night. Kind of pi$$ me of for a $38k tractor. I also have had what seems to be air or something going through lines when steering. Seems to whine and feel kind of wierd. Also if leaving the pull type attachments they leak down too. I just have not been happy with this tractor.

I have about decided to trade. Considering TL90 or Kubota 85 or 9540. Just like the bigger tractors. Less bounce than the 75. Really wondering if some of my attachments will be kind of small if I do. I have a 84" box blade and 8' hay king ripper I am wondering if they will be narrow. The disc I normally use are 8.5' pull types. I can pull them fine with the 75. Actually could pull without 4 wheel drive on in dryer soil. You will stick it quick if its wet without it.

Other reasons for the change is user friendly layout. The TN75 is not setup for operator use. The remote levers are basically up against the seat, so is the lift and draft. The knobs or lever ends are forever coming off when you lift your attachment causing your hand to slip sometimes. I do like the quick lift setting and Kubota doesnt have it. JD and NH do but green is pricey.

Whatever i get i will be adding quick attachments to the tractor and attachments. Hooking up and changing is a pain in the ***** with the TN. Sure makes me miss the 4630 I had. Should have kept it.

Any opinions.

/ Current TN75DA but considering TL90 or 8540 Ku #2  
Isn't your TN covered under warranty still? If so why not have the hydraulic problem fixed?

The TL isn't that much bigger then the TN so your implements will be fine. I think your disc is kind of small even for the TN75 but it all depends on how you want to use them. I pull a 10' disc with my 65 in heavy soil and a 12' if it is dry and I am working flat fields. If I am working on hills then it would be a different story.

Here is a pic I took when I had a TL100A here. It is parked next to my TN65 and Ford 1920. It gives you an idea just how close these tractors are size wise so your implements will work still.

Attachments

• Group 1.JPG
    Group 1.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 473
  • Group 2.JPG
    Group 2.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 423
   / Current TN75DA but considering TL90 or 8540 Ku
Yes the TN is still in warranty, heck only has 140hrs on it. I have asked twice now to have it fixed and they could not find anything wrong. Used the last time while I was gone on vacation and loaded hay with it. They said it was fine. However they did not do what I asked, I told them to unhook an attachment on the bucket then re-attach and one cylinder outruns the other. Now it seem all of the other problems have come out.

As for the disc, they are 22" disc athens brand. Wheigh about 2k lbs. They cut really good in rough soil or over growth. After that I could pull bigger set but do not have them. I let a guy talk me into getting them saying that he rec only that size for the drawbar hp of the TN75. I should have kept the 3pt set of 7.5' and bought a 10' pull types. Hind site.

/ Current TN75DA but considering TL90 or 8540 Ku #4  
threeman said:
Yes the TN is still in warranty, heck only has 140hrs on it. I have asked twice now to have it fixed and they could not find anything wrong. Used the last time while I was gone on vacation and loaded hay with it. They said it was fine. However they did not do what I asked, I told them to unhook an attachment on the bucket then re-attach and one cylinder outruns the other. Now it seem all of the other problems have come out.

As for the disc, they are 22" disc athens brand. Wheigh about 2k lbs. They cut really good in rough soil or over growth. After that I could pull bigger set but do not have them. I let a guy talk me into getting them saying that he rec only that size for the drawbar hp of the TN75. I should have kept the 3pt set of 7.5' and bought a 10' pull types. Hind site.

Hindsight is a great thing isn't it:rolleyes: I have doubles of a lot of implements as I buy one then find one better shortly after. I bought the 12' disc after trying it out on dry ground. Once I tried it in wet ground I started looking for a 10'. Found a 10' and added it to my collection only to buy a bigger tractor to join the TN. If I had the help I could have two rigs out there discing now but it is hard to get anyone to help. I have to fix the 10' disc anyway as I let a freind borrow it and they beat the tar out of it on their rocky ground (who picks rocks up, you just keep running them over with the disk:mad: )

So is your TN still acting up? If so do you have another NH dealer in your area? If you do then take the tractor to them and tell them the problem. Chances are they will inspect it better in hopes of impressing you and gaining your business.

Kinda like the size of the tractor but I have about had enough of the slow hyd. Like before I used the a friends new 4320 JD, you know the compacts, and man the hyd loader on this thing is like using a backhoe. Its fast and alot smoother than mine. I feel like I am waiting all the time for it to get where I need it. This is with high rpm's, low it doesnt matter. Warm or cold it still works the same.

If I can find something else I am probably going to get rid of it. It will be something I like for few days though, not some spur of the moment switch. Just about done that the last time. The cab has spoiled me for sure, nothing without it. The dealers here suck for service. i could not beleive they didnt listen to me and kept it a week. There is another one several miles away about 60. We bought a baler from them while back and they dont have a good rep either. Took forever for them to help us get the kinks worked out of it, it was new Vermeer Rebel.

I used a TL90 at a friends arena while back dragging it between runs. I like the size of it. No bouncing like mine or not as bad. It wasnt cab tractor though some say the cabs feel small.

Hate to do anything since mine is paid for but like I said once I get this feeling that I had enough I dont keep things long after.

I bought from the dealer near me because I am only 20 minutes from them. JD dealer is that close but man you better have some green and I am not talking paint. They were 10k higher on the cab tractor (5425). Obviously why i ended up in blue.

Went to ag show in Moultrie GA this year sat on the Kubotas and JD. The layouts are far superb in my opinion for operator comfort. Controls for the rear remotes are not under edge of seat or feel like they are behind you.

Maybe I just got one made on Fri at 5. The air didnt work at first, freon leaked out. Then had o-ring out on rear remotes and leaked fluid out all over tractor in about a month afterwards.

Good luck hah?

Forgot to mention about the disc, yes I am pretty rough on them too. I have bent a set before by not picking up roots very well. This new set I like, they cut well and honestly we are not farming any more so the 8.5 are ok. We use them to till one six acre garden, cut firebreaks, and I have cleared about 10 acres of new land this past year or so. I have a couple of places that the 3pt set would be alot easier to use turning around but the pulls cut better. I have cleared out a few fence post with them though, sometimes they jump sideways if they hit a root even going slow. I took out a couple of T post about two weeks ago doing that. Dug up the stump though so hopefully it will not happen again.

My bad back limits what I can do trying to hook up attachments. I just cant pull, pry and kick things like I used too. Bad part is I am only 35.

/ Current TN75DA but considering TL90 or 8540 Ku #7  
The TL cab is roomy but to me it felt short. I just couldn't get comfortable in it because the controls felt so close to my head I kept expecting to hit my head against them:( I never did though:rolleyes:

I am 29 and fell in October and broke my L1 vertebre. I am still rehabbing but hopefully I will be able to go back to farming this spring. Hooking up the disc are the toughest of all my implements so I am going to have to do some work on them to make things easier.

I am a little nervous because my doctor doesn't think I will be able to work till mid April at the earliest. There is the possibility that I won't be cleared to work till July which would put me past first cutting so I am going to have to hire people to run my equipment so I don't lose my customers:(

man that sucks hah?

Mine was lower back too. L4/L5. Disc completely blown out. Half of my spinal cord was closed due to pressure. i went as long as I could, probably 2 yrs of back trouble but it finally went out and I could only take the pain for about 2 months. I ate pain pills every hour it seemed. So far so good. Doc told me not to live my life in a bubble before surgery then after he is done and sees the damage first hand then he tells me about 90 things I cannot do. I do them but do them ALOT different than I did. Some things i do not do, i dont lift things really anymore. I do unload horse feed every week but I dont bend to do it. I still ride them but honestly they hurt me alot less than some things you would think wouldnt. Some days I am so stiff I have to crawl out of bed, once i get up and move around I get ok. I went to second doctor about three months afterwards he told me they did good job but i had major arthritis and would always have it bad in lower region. Left foot has permanent nerve damage its still numb down one side but I get by ok.

As for the tractor hooking up is hard. I think i am going to invest in the quick attach products. Costly but man I cannot quit doing it all. I keep my seat from bottoming out if at all possible that hurts worse than anything. Also dont jump out the door. The jar is awful.

/ Current TN75DA but considering TL90 or 8540 Ku #9  
I am hoping to buy a new tractor (TN85FA) for spraying and other jobs and it would have the air suspension seat. I have always had my seats adjusted a little more then it said I should (according to my weight and the scale on the seat) just so it would not bottom out.

My doctor did a great job fixing me up. He repaired the L1 and then fused it and I was learning to walk again a week after I fell and only 3 days after surgery. I am a little sore in the morning when I first wake up and once I convince myself to get out of bed I am just fine.

Good luck with it. really i get along well hope to get 10yrs at least. L4 is degenerative. Its been one and half.

With the tractor like I said really dont know where I am at with it just have to see. I hate to swap because its paid for with the screwy economy like we have. Hate to spend 6k or so on trade, if I can for that.