Current situation

/ Current situation #1  

metalbender

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey 1742
After having my fall incident, I'm going back to my rear blower, front blade system for this winter. Just don't feel comfortable using my home built front blower along with the rear blade. No shop to work in, plus slow movement dictates a more proven set up. I did find last year it actually took longer to clear the snow because plowing forward is much faster than blowing. Blade more. Blow away the piles.

/ Current situation #2  
Seems reasonable.

I would use the plows more if there were more room in the door yard.
The lay of the land at my place conspires to make it difficult to dispose of the removed snow. Over the bank works, but it's triple the distance to push snow. Blowing snow allows me to put it in spots difficult to get to with the plow.

So, front mounted blower for the light and dry, FEL with rear scape blade (7ft) to clear stuff away and over the bank a couple times a season.

The front plow for the wet stuff, and then just wait till it dries out or melts ;-).

/ Current situation #3  
That's what I would do - use the plow and pile it around. Next sunny day, just go out and blow the piles away at a leisurely pace to make room for the next snow.

/ Current situation #4  
I absolutely understand. Never had a front blower - only 3-point blower. My Kubota with my HD Rhino rear blade is worlds faster than the blower was. AND three to four hours of driving in reverse - with the 3-point blower - was a pain in the neck. LITERALLY

However - it's all moot, if this winter is like the last two. Not sufficient accumulation to even start the tractor.

/ Current situation #5  
Understand...you got backup just in case. 👌