Curious about the T9

/ Curious about the T9 #1  

Rosehaven

Tractor
NH TC18
Hi everyone,
I've been thinking of upgrading my tractor/backhoe to something stronger. While searching, I came across a Terramite with awesome lift capacities. Got me looking into that brand. It looks like the T9 is the only one with 4x4? I currently have a New Holland TC18, I love the size as it can fit everywhere on my property but its crazy weak. From what I can find on the specs of the Terras is they are nice and compact, same size as my current but alot more power especially on the lift, which is important, also their used price is affordable. I've heard they are slow and unrefined which doesn't bother me. Would love to hear everyones opinion on them. Are they still in business? Their website looks updated? Thanks all!

Ps, my main use would be moving round bales and digging out boulders, which my property seems to grow.:laughing:

/ Curious about the T9 #2  
They're slow but strong. The front bucket is not a quick attach so moving hay bales might be an issue. I custom fit an ATI quick attach on my T9 so I could swap between the bucket and forks. You might have to do the same and use a bale spear. Some T9s did not come with a 180 degree backhoe swing. You would appreciate the wider swing when digging and the 10 foot reach is very useful. I think it is a bit larger than your New Holland when I googled images.
There is no 3 point option or mower deck. They're built as a backhoe/loader. You might want to keep the New Holland also if you can.

/ Curious about the T9
Thanks for the reply. I wish there was a T9 closer than 2.5 hrs away so i could judge the size. The height from the specs is perfect to still get in the barn on the low side. Right now i use a spear that attaches to the bucket since its not a quick attach either. No fields so no mowing. Dont need the 3 point as i have never taken or had a need to remove the backhoe.

/ Curious about the T9 #4  
They're slow but strong. The front bucket is not a quick attach so moving hay bales might be an issue. I custom fit an ATI quick attach on my T9 so I could swap between the bucket and forks. You might have to do the same and use a bale spear. Some T9s did not come with a 180 degree backhoe swing. You would appreciate the wider swing when digging and the 10 foot reach is very useful. I think it is a bit larger than your New Holland when I googled images.
There is no 3 point option or mower deck. They're built as a backhoe/loader. You might want to keep the New Holland also if you can.

I have a 2013 T9. I would like to see how you built your quick attach setup if you dont mind sharing. It would be very handy. Would it be possible to plumb in a line for a grappler bucket close/open ?