cumulative update on the ford 850 as of tonight.

/ cumulative update on the ford 850 as of tonight. #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
dec. 30th 2006 Purchase
jan 2 Transported home
jan 3 bought oil and filter and nifty ford emblem key chain
jan 6 replaced -very- leaky fuel valve with plastic one and changed oil, finally unloaded off trailer.
started parts list for minor repairs.
jan 7 replaced temp plastic fuel valve with decent quality brass valve., replaced radiator coolant
cleaned oil bath air cleaner, put ford nose medalion cap on. Installed choke return spring.

( to do )

order and install dash throttle rod grommet.
wire up headlamps and switch
chase bolt holes and install 3 loader brackets.
locate and order loader dual spool valve.
install loader and plumbing
weld up bottom of loader bucket.
make 3pt counterweight tub with concrete

/ cumulative update on the ford 850 as of tonight.

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 779
   / cumulative update on the ford 850 as of tonight. #4  
Afternoon Chris,
Looks like the horses are keepin your grass mowed pretty well on that section of your property :)

Aint gonna need the batwing there !;)

Oh yeah, tractor looks good too !

/ cumulative update on the ford 850 as of tonight. #5  
What brand (and size) rear tires are you sportin' on that Ford?

i KEEP THE HORSES IN THEIR OWN PADDOCK. oF COURSE RIGHT NOW.. NOT MUCH IS GROWING BUT RYE ( oops.. capslock.. ). I keep the batwing for the back pasture... I'm renovating the pasture slowly. Would love to get the one next to me.. I've been saving money for it.. just got to talk the owner out of it...

Soundguy

scott_vt said:
Afternoon Chris,
Looks like the horses are keepin your grass mowed pretty well on that section of your property :)

Aint gonna need the batwing there !;)

Oh yeah, tractor looks good too !

I'll have to get back with brand.. but size is uh.. 13.something-28.. whatever is the next size up from 12.4-28

When i get home I'll check the brand.

Soundguy

Farmwithjunk said:
What brand (and size) rear tires are you sportin' on that Ford?

/ cumulative update on the ford 850 as of tonight. #8  
Soundguy said:
I'll have to get back with brand.. but size is uh.. 13.something-28.. whatever is the next size up from 12.4-28

When i get home I'll check the brand.

Soundguy

That'd be a 13.6X28. I'm looking for a pair of "long bar/short bar" design tread, 13.6X28. Was looking at Titans, but I understand they're getting away from that tread pattern.

Farmwithjunk said:
That'd be a 13.6X28. I'm looking for a pair of "long bar/short bar" design tread, 13.6X28. Was looking at Titans, but I understand they're getting away from that tread pattern.

I'm pretty sure these are titans 9 firestone ag? ).. but then.. they may be a few years old too.

I like that tread pattern.. looks like it would clean real good.

Soundguy

/ cumulative update on the ford 850 as of tonight. #10  
Soundguy said:
I'm pretty sure these are titans 9 firestone ag? ).. but then.. they may be a few years old too.

I like that tread pattern.. looks like it would clean real good.

Soundguy

If the only thing ever hitched to the tractor was a plow, it'd be 23* tread. General farm use, the old reliable 45* tread works. I get a lot of road miles. The long bar/short bar tread wears good (for me, your results may vary) and the RIDE good at road speed.

On my 150, I'm working to get everything as "original" as possible. That'd be 45* GoodYears. Not happenin'.

I like Titans, just that they've finally reached the stage where they want "premium tire" prices. I can get new Firestones mounted for less than "out-the-door" price on Titans.

Sorta lookin' like 'Stones...........;)