Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #291  
With my GMC pickups the only speed restrictions are when you run them out of DEF. The auto regen function works great. It is supposed to happen once every tank of fuel. The regen light only comes on when the truck hasn't been driven long enough or fast enough to let the regen process happen. When the light comes on you have to drive at highway speed for 30 minutes to allow regen to occur. It doesn't limit speed. I have never seen the light come on and I am on my 3rd GMC Duramax with emission systems.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #292  
Looks like Cummins is on an ESG fast track to ruination.

Cummins builds a solid product & reputation. Then environmental fanatics come along and put unreasonable regulations on the company. Then the company kills itself from within by actually hiring a environmental fanatic to lead the company into the ”ESG” process in which it has to be perfect, like zero emissions in this case.

That last step will cost them their nest egg, their fortune. Cummins will probably be gone or absorbed by a foreign company in the next 5 years. Sad to say it, but it seems likely.

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #293  
diesels were doomed starting in 2007.

Either go electric or die is the current mantra.

Its only a matter of time before you cant buy a car but you subscribe to a car anyway ....

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #294  
I guess the price of used Ram Cummins trucks just went up more now that they are more desirable. LOL
Just like when VW got caught.....everybody wanted one and you couldn't find one anywhere.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #295  
I’ve searched but so far not been able to find any pictures of the added device installed or a part number for the device.

I do have Cummins Diesel engines in Hospital backup generators with the newest circa 1995.

My understanding in the case of VW the only difference between compliant and non compliant operation is due to programming parameters…

The emission profile programming minimized emissions at the expense of drivability and was triggered when the vehicle was on a dynamometer and this was sensed when all 4 wheels were not in motion during testing.

If all 4 wheels are moving the vehicle optimized drivability… including better mpg.

I think every new vehicle has various run programs… I know new GMC has a Limp Home program when emission criteria exceed parameters… maybe like mandatory regen on some diesel tractors?
Actually, the "programming parameters" that VW devised to beat the system was also called "devices" per the wording from the EPA. So, what cummins did may also be in the programming.

"These settlements resolve allegations that Volkswagen violated the Clean Air Act (“CAA”) by the sale of approximately 590,000 model year 2009 to 2016 diesel motor vehicles equipped with “defeat devices.”

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/volkswagen-clean-air-act-civil-settlement

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #296  
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #297  
Lots of companies get caught building things that kill or injure people.

Looks like John Deere has issues forthcoming, too!

You wouldn’t happen to own products from either of these manufacturers, would you? ;)

The point being, almost any manufacturer has been caught or accused of wrong doing.

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #298  
Lots of companies get caught building things that kill or injure people.

Looks like John Deere has issues forthcoming, too!

You wouldn’t happen to own products from either of these manufacturers, would you? ;)
Yes I do, and it doesn't matter to me as I'm not a fragile snowflake fanboi like some people that take it personal and feel they must defend every company they own products from. Mature people will understand this.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #299  
Oh no, I might need a small, white, fluffy little comfort dog! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #300  
The point being, almost any manufacturer has been caught or accused of wrong doing.
I see you added this sentence later... :LOL: The only people that caused the cummins dieselgate is cummins, and if you are hurt by, that you should take that up with THEM. If you want to start a thread about other manufactures and their problems, go ahead. I understand all you are trying to do is deflect from this thread subject....cummins dieselgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.