Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #121  
Vw and Cummins arnt the only ones to get busted

Dodge with the 1500 ecodiesel went thru some epa stuff as well iirc.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #122  
The Ram Ecodiesel has had so many issues I can't keep up with them.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #123  
The epa is definitely needing to be reigned in.

The EPA, the IPPC, and other organisations for which alarmism means job security, are certainly not without controversies.

Now dont get me wrong, once you dive into the alternative news sources, you read a lot of alarmism too: It quickly escalates into conspiracies. Whenever people make a living of bringing a certain message, alarmism and exaggeration are susceptible.

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #124  
Trick question: Which administration started the EPA?
Are you implying that the EPA is an enemy of the people per say? They might invent new rules and legislations because they want job security, but think of this:

Whenever i drive behind an 80s carbureted car, i either overtake them or follow 50 meters behind them. Sometimes i need these reminders, to remind what traffic smelled like during my childhood. It may have went over the top about 15 years ago, but in the first 25 years of emission legislation, it did improve our quality of life.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #126  
Well if Cummins purposely made an emission defeating device, they did a piss poor job, other wise people wouldn't still be deleting them.

All these EPA suits are just money grabs and complete BS. They forced all these manufacturers to comply with unrealistic goals in unrealistic timelines, then find any minute ways to convict them for every solution they came up with.

But we are ALL the dumb ones because we kept letting the government and the EPA get away with all this crap they keep coming up with.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #127  
Well if Cummins purposely made an emission defeating device, they did a piss poor job, other wise people wouldn't still be deleting them.

All these EPA suits are just money grabs and complete BS. They forced all these manufacturers to comply with unrealistic goals in unrealistic timelines, then find any minute ways to convict them for every solution they came up with.

But we are ALL the dumb ones because we kept letting the government and the EPA get away with all this crap they keep coming up with.
The regs were so strict that CAT & IH couldn’t even complay with them and don’t make over the road truck engines anymore!

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #128  
The regs were so strict that CAT & IH couldn’t even complay with them and don’t make over the road truck engines anymore!
IH could comply, but the CEO was stupid stubborn by going against his engineers.

Cummins luck was that they had aquired experience with SCR because their European branch adapted to the local market. All other US engine manufacturers quit or were bought by Europeans. Deere changed their mind halfway, when Navistar got into severe problems with EGR only.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #129  
Cat could also, but with them I think it was more of "we're not going to tarnish our name with this junk" LOL

I've said it before, oddly enough Cat seems to have it figured out for off road equipment. Our DPF/SCR equipped Cat's at the mine have very very few emissions issues. And even for what I do and the nature of my job, my loader and excavator idle and do low load work more than half the day and no issues at all.
Only issues I have had was due to poor DEF because of our past bad storage.

Whereas my past onroad trucks had me almost suicidal.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #130  
And International had a good idea.....if it would have worked, LOL

So many people bought the original Maxxforce just to avoid DEF fluid.

There is a big trucking outfit here in my area that also does a lot of ice road trucking up in the Yukon and such and they run both International and Freightliner with SCR Detroits.
They switched all their northern fleet to the International Maxxforce just for that reason that the DEF fluid in the SCR Detroits kept freezing and causing too many issues in the arctic cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.