Cultivating pics

/ Cultivating pics #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
310hp versatile with 40ft cultivator

/ Cultivating pics #2  
brings back memories of spending many hours on my dads Case 4890 in the mid 80's, pulled a 12 bottom plow, a 40' chisel plow, 80' harrow, 40' disc, and cultivator but can't remember the size of that.. i think the 4890 was around 250hp, was nice machine even had a tape deck! What i loved most about it was the options on the articulator, the crab position was the most fun to play around with but i don't remember it being that useful in the field.. he farmed just south of the Manitoba/ND border..

nice pics...

/ Cultivating pics #4  
It has always amazed me at how the birds know what is happening and come in looking for some easy food. When I am raking hay I have seagulls flying around me eating all the mice and moles that take off running when I rake the hay into a windrow.

/ Cultivating pics #5  
Robert_in_NY said:
It has always amazed me at how the birds know what is happening and come in looking for some easy food. When I am raking hay I have seagulls flying around me eating all the mice and moles that take off running when I rake the hay into a windrow.

Always amazes me how far inland they go.... you see them everywhere.

I saw an article once about how a scientist in California was concerned over low Seagull populations.... obviously he had never been to one of the dumps there. You have to wear raingear if you are going to get out of your truck.

/ Cultivating pics #6  
Local company makes soil packers to pull behind cultivators for final seed bed prep. About ten years ago they started into bigger, vertical fold up units. The farm I worked for got to test the prototype one. They still have promotional material with the picture taken after I opened one of the fields up. It's a neat picture to me because it is a 52" cultivator and the field is opened straight as an arrow. I have the piece of lit somewhere. I will see if I can find it and get a color scan of it this weekend. The only scanner here at the office is B & W only.