CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #11  
On my 2500 and against the manual I always let the engine idle down for a min or 2 that choke it off the key off...

...my dad hated backfires.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #12  
Kolher 23 hp PS-SV720-0010 backfires when shut off.
I used to own a Cub GT3204 that always backfired when shut down. I let it idle 15-30 seconds then full throttle as I shut off key - no more backfire.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #13  
adjust the valves, could be the backfire reason as well

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #14  
Why not turn down the low speed idle, to whatever is in spec for that particular engine, or to a spot that still keeps the engine idling smoothly, but slower so it doesn,t backfire ?