Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed #1  

rau2009sch

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT 2550
How do I adjust carburetor idle speed? Mine seems too high. Thanks.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed #2  
There is a little phillips headed screw @ the arm on the throttle shaft. Turn counter clockwise. Should be able to see it from the top.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed #3  
The idle speed most likely is controlled by one of two governor springs. the screw that the other poster is talking about should only be used to stop the throttle plate from slamming shut when taken from full speed to idle. Also Could you post the model and spec of your Kohler engine so we can see what engine you are referring to.. Some of the newer Engines idle fast due to an issue with the automatic choke not opening if the idle speed is too low.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed
Here's the info on the engine;
Kohler Command engine
Spec No. PS-CH670-0011
Serial No. 3923901991
Family No. 9 KHXS.7252 GC
Type [ hard to read ] ell*97/68SA*200288*0280*00
Displacement 674 cc
Model No. CH 670S on engine label
[No. CH22/670 is a Command Pro 喪etired number, from the Kohler web site]
22 hp V-twin horizontal shaft
Build date 8-27-2009

I appreciate all help, guys.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed #6  
How do I adjust carburetor idle speed? Mine seems too high. Thanks.

Do you have a means of checking the engine RPM?

Some engines are set up to idle faster to keep them cool.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed #7  
GT 2550 cub cadet dirty engine problems

I recently purchased this model and noticed that the blower housing design seems to suck in all kinds of debris. The air flow is clearly pulling from below - all the grass and dirt that gets kicked up. Is this a known design flaw with this model? Am I missing baffle somewhere I don't see in the parts diagrams?

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed #8  
There are a lot of mowers that were designed with bad air flow issues and causing cooling fin clogging. Walker and Grasshoppers have had some issues over the years. And the rear discharge decks have been know to even clog the radiators on the liquid cooled versions.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed #9  
This is a truly terrible design flaw with the 22HP kohler commander in the GT 2550. I had the had all the shields off after I purchased it to adjust the lifters and completely cleaned the engine, but it only took a days worth of mowing after reassembly to clog everything up again - including the air cleaner. I can see it defitely has been running hot from day one. I'll need to engineer a shield under the floorboard or this engine will not last many years at all without constant maintenance.