Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2 #1  

rau2009sch

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT 2550
Thanks, guys, I found the engine manual, and I see the carb sketch. The idle speed screw is Item N on page 24, the Kohler one-barrel carb. My question is, 1WHERE IS THIS SCREW LOCATED? I cannot find it. I've removed the air cleaner, but I don't see the screw. I dont' think it would be buried further down below, to where I'd have to remove any more. But I don't know. Appreciate any help.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2 #2  
You should not have started another thread on the same subject. Gets confusing.

Perhaps the moderator can combine the two.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2 #3  
Actually it got confusing when someone hijacked his thread. From the top down, you will see the choke shaft and linkage. The lower shaft is the throttle shaft and on one side you will see the arm on the choke shaft. The screw comes in from the side if I recall. Perpendicular to the direction of the shaft. You should be able to see it w/ the air filter tin removed I'd think. Post a pic of needed.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2
Hey guys, I found it. I disassembled the filter, the filter mounting plate, etc., down to where I could see the idle speed screw. It is in port side, outboard, faces aft, and is barely visible through a slot in the air filter mount plate. Just forward of and down from the positive battery terminal. Use an LED flashlight, light up the area, insert a skinny Phillips head screw drive, twist a eighth turn CCW, and voila, fixed! Thanks, guys.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2 #5  
Hey guys, I found it. I disassembled the filter, the filter mounting plate, etc., down to where I could see the idle speed screw. It is in port side, outboard, faces aft, and is barely visible through a slot in the air filter mount plate. Just forward of and down from the positive battery terminal. Use an LED flashlight, light up the area, insert a skinny Phillips head screw drive, twist a eighth turn CCW, and voila, fixed! Thanks, guys.

So what is your new idle RPM?

Does it match the recommended idle speed in the manual?

Richard

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2
No idea, but it's slower and better, it doesn't race so fast.

/ Cub GT 2550 Kohler idle speed PART 2 #7  
Good deal. One of life's little bothersome things and you got the problem rectified. :thumbsup: