Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 Help

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 Help #1  

nkeel8106

Tractor
Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400
Hello all, first post here however I've been getting great information from these forums for years. I've come for help today, hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I recently bought a Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 in great condition with low hours, well taken care of by an older gentleman. Everything worked as it should when I bought it. The problem is when I initially bought it, the implement control for the 3 point hitch worked as it should. In the winter when I was plowing snow, I used the hydraulic control valve to "lock" the ballast I was using up on the 3 point as the manual says to do. Now the weight is off and I opened the valve the whole way open to allow the 3 point to drop fast however it is not dropping fast as when I bought it, it is now very slow to go down. So, it still works but is very slow to lower. What could be wrong? I downloaded the technical service manual and see that there is some type of port at the back possibly a hex plug that can be removed, is there anything serviceable by removing that? I'm approaching mower season and don't want to take forever to raise and lower my mower. I attached the picture of the valve where the flow control knob is located, I'm certain many others have this. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• sc2400.JPG
    sc2400.JPG
    551.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 20201229_165203.jpg
    20201229_165203.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 117
   / Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 Help #2  
You may get a better response here:
Yanmar (New)

As MTD Cub Cadet exited the Yanmar agreement in 2011, all machines now fall under the Yanmar brand as Yanmar is now the sole OE.

The Cubs here can be really any of the 6 or 7 OE makers over the past several decades.