Cub Cadet Website

/ Cub Cadet Website #1  

OhioGuy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1220, Case 245, Cub SZ60, Cub 2284
First, I want to comment on how nice the Cub part page is with the exploded diagrams and part number pricing info, BUT...

Has anyone ordered parts from the Cub Cadet website. It might be the worst implementaion I've ever seen.

The last item you add to your basket never seems to show up and if you tell it you want to continue shopping, there's a pretty good chance when you go back to your cart, it has been emptied. I did four freakin laps trying to order four parts I knew would be special order trying to save a 40 mile trip.

I eventually concluded if I added one last item I didn't need, I might be able to accomplish the task. That didn't work either, so I just copied the part numbers and manually entered them on a different page.

I'm not sure if I ordered the parts or not because after giving the shipping and credit card info, it took me to a registration page that never confirmed the order, but did send me to a page where I could edit my profile.

Oh yeah, you can't complain about the totally inept programmers because there is no "contact us" page.

Gee, I wonder why!

If you can't do technology, DON"T

OK, I feel better now!

Curt

/ Cub Cadet Website #2  
I havent tried to navigate the CC site for parts. Maybe a site sponsor will chime in with a better mail order source? I'm lucky to have a CC dealer less than 5mi from my house and another under 10miles

Joel

/ Cub Cadet Website #3  
Try partstree.com, less expensive and $10.00 shipping on anything.

Alan

/ Cub Cadet Website #4  
It is a nice web site but very screwy! I am lucky my CC dealer is 10 miles away!!

Michael

/ Cub Cadet Website #5  
I tried once. It was a nightmare, and then the order didn't go through.

I then discovered C&G and won't bother with the Cub site any longer.

-Larry

OhioGuy said:
First, I want to comment on how nice the Cub part page is with the exploded diagrams and part number pricing info, BUT...

Has anyone ordered parts from the Cub Cadet website. It might be the worst implementaion I've ever seen.

The last item you add to your basket never seems to show up and if you tell it you want to continue shopping, there's a pretty good chance when you go back to your cart, it has been emptied. I did four freakin laps trying to order four parts I knew would be special order trying to save a 40 mile trip.

I eventually concluded if I added one last item I didn't need, I might be able to accomplish the task. That didn't work either, so I just copied the part numbers and manually entered them on a different page.

I'm not sure if I ordered the parts or not because after giving the shipping and credit card info, it took me to a registration page that never confirmed the order, but did send me to a page where I could edit my profile.

Oh yeah, you can't complain about the totally inept programmers because there is no "contact us" page.

Gee, I wonder why!

OK, I feel better now!

Curt

/ Cub Cadet Website #6  
After re-reading your message, I can tell you this.

You need to call them and verify the order. What you experienced is exactly the same as I did, and the order never got placed.

Also, if you DO manage to get an order completed, you are committed to it (it's finalized) before you ever even see a total with shipping charges.

It's terrible.

-Larry

OhioGuy said:

Gee, I wonder why!

OK, I feel better now!

Curt

/ Cub Cadet Website
Thanks guys,
I tried Partstree, a nice website.

One of the parts I was looking for was a cone bearing for the deck spindle. Cub wanted $23, I found it with a Google search at Messicks (He's a member here) for $5, it may be a generic replacement for the standard Timken bearing. Works for me. Messick's was a nice site also, easy to maneuver, didn't lose stuff you put in the cart!

Thanks for the advice!

Curt

/ Cub Cadet Website #8  
It is confusing. I ordered some spare (air, oil, hydraulic) filters for my "Tank" ZTR and spent a little more time than expected. Having said that, all the items ordered were cheaper than getting them at the dealer. It was the dealers advice to get them directly from CC to begin with!

Take your time navigating and I'm sure you will get what you need.

Shipping is quick too! For you and I, it comes from Cleveland.

/ Cub Cadet Website
Mega_Me said:
It is confusing. I ordered some spare (air, oil, hydraulic) filters for my "Tank" ZTR and spent a little more time than expected. Having said that, all the items ordered were cheaper than getting them at the dealer. It was the dealers advice to get them directly from CC to begin with!

Take your time navigating and I'm sure you will get what you need.

Shipping is quick too! For you and I, it comes from Cleveland.

A couple of weeks ago I drove to the dealer to get a few items, two belts and a pulley for the 450 snowblower. A couple of days later, I compared them to the pricing at the Cub website, they were identical.

So if nothing else it's a great tool to get pricing on things or maybe motivate you to shop around.

Curt