Cub cadet ms50 transaxle hydropump

/ Cub cadet ms50 transaxle hydropump #1  

grimlock

Tractor
cub cadet m50s tank
I have a cub cadet m50s tank . I知 having issues the left side hydropump . I believe it has the zt-3100 hyrdro pump brand transaxle. The issue I知 having is lack of power on the right side when turning and in reverse . When I知 going straight and even going straight up an incline it痴 seems to have even power . It will also get up to full speed when going straight and doesn稚 pull to the left . And it also seems to be better when it痴 first starts running , like the first 20 minutes . I致e replaced all the belts and nothing . I haven稚 done a oil change yet , but wondering if that痴 worth it. Could it be the pulley on the trans being worn out ? What should I check before I take the trans off and rebuild it or get a new one. Could bad oil cause this issue ? And if I rebuild what is it likely to be ? The center section ? Any help is appreciated. I included pics of the model number of the tractor and trans

Attachments

• 1265EDDD-2163-4F4E-AAC6-5015AAF0744F.jpeg
    1265EDDD-2163-4F4E-AAC6-5015AAF0744F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 326
  • 293C97D5-A9A9-4076-A111-B974B81CDEDE.jpeg
    293C97D5-A9A9-4076-A111-B974B81CDEDE.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 299
   / Cub cadet ms50 transaxle hydropump #2  
Welcome to TBN
:welcome:

I don't know a lot about this drive system, but if it seems to work going forward, even going uphill, and only has issues when backing, I would look at the control linkage.

Richard

/ Cub cadet ms50 transaxle hydropump #3  
You have a ZT-2800 transaxle in early stages of failure. Changing the oil may help for a short period of time but will not be right and may not last long. As a Hydro-gear dealer I have never seen one where you didn't have to replace the pump, center section, and the motor all at the same time. Even had to replace the charge pump and transaxle closure plate because of scoring on the last one I did. Any grooving that you can catch a fingernail in when ran across it has to be replaced.

/ Cub cadet ms50 transaxle hydropump
You have a ZT-2800 transaxle in early stages of failure. Changing the oil may help for a short period of time but will not be right and may not last long. As a Hydro-gear dealer I have never seen one where you didn't have to replace the pump, center section, and the motor all at the same time. Even had to replace the charge pump and transaxle closure plate because of scoring on the last one I did. Any grooving that you can catch a fingernail in when ran across it has to be replaced.

Ok that痴 what I was afraid of . I値l try changing the oil and see if I can稚 make it through the season. Thanks for your help .

I致e seen videos where people wet sand the flat side of the pump /motor and install just a new center section , any chance that could work ?

/ Cub cadet ms50 transaxle hydropump #6  
Are you sure that you can get all the sanding grit out of all the holes and edges inside of the pump and motor. This is a procedure that any contamination can destroy any work that was preformed in just a few hours. And depending on amount of damage could require removing .030 or more from the surfaces,and any material that is removed from the part will change the distance that the pistons are moved when in operation so you will loose speed which could result in tracking issues.

Did some digging and I need part 71479 for the center section . But I can稚 find it anywhere . Is there a updated part that might work ? Otherwise I値l have to get a new one .

/ Cub cadet ms50 transaxle hydropump #8  
Did some digging and I need part 71479 for the center section . But I can稚 find it anywhere . Is there a updated part that might work ? Otherwise I値l have to get a new one .
There is a cub cadet number and a oem number I haven't found yet but know there is.