Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies.

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies. #1  

Cub gt 2544=best

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet GT 2544
Anyone know any possible causes because I have fresh fuel and the fuel pump works properly I was going to replace the fuel filter.

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies. #2  
Fuel solenoid on carb cutting out due to heat sink. When it does it again, Either listen and if possible put hand on the fuel solenoid while you turn the key on and off. Should feel and hear the click of the solenoid.

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies. #3  
Try loosening the gas cap slightly and see if it still cuts out. A bad check valve in the cap can create a vacuum in the tank after it runs awhile.
Bob B.

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies.
Thanks guys I will try them and let you know

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies.
So I went and changed the filter and it was fine

I have been having problems with my kohler command ch670 dying after 15 minutes then needs to sit for 2 hours and some times won’t start again after sitting. Any thoughts also has a new gas cap.

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies. #7  
Can't tell where you live, but if recently hotter than usual (like in the northwest), maybe a fuel vapor lock

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies. #8  
Does you engine have a pulse fuel pump?

Could be that the pulse line to the pump has some cracks in it and when the line warms up, it doesn't operate the pump properly.

Richard

/ Cub cadet gt 2544 with kohler command ch 670 after 15 to 30 minutes sputters like it’s getting no fuel then dies. #9  
Ignition modules could be shutting down when hot. Also the fuel solenoid on the carb could be shutting down and stopping fuel flow when hot. Next time it quits need to see if you can feel or hear the fuel solenoid on the carb click, also need to pull the spark plugs, ground them and crank the engine and check for spark.

Could it be the carburetor