CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE!

/ CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE! #1  

Cub gt 2544=best

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet GT 2544
I’ve finally cracked the code folks and i want you all to know! If you own or are thinking about buying a Cub Cadet with the shaft driven or older aluminum BDU10L transmissions and want to know the max torque spec. Well here it is! The torque is 626.5 footpounds of torque! I hope that that helps any owners or people looking to purchase. And to prove people who say they are comparable to a K58 wrong.

/ CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE! #2  
I’ve finally cracked the code folks and i want you all to know! If you own or are thinking about buying a Cub Cadet with the shaft driven or older aluminumBDU10L transmissions and want to know the max torque spec. Well here it is! The torque is 626.5 footpounds of torque! I hope that that helps any owners or people looking to purchase. And to prove people who say they are comparable to a K58 wrong.
I have no idea what the means, and am kinda confused, but a Chevy 454 LS6 ‘only’ puts out 500 foot pounds of torque. Are you suggesting that a sub $1000 lawn tractor transmission can handle that or output that?

Because either way, it can’t.

Something’s wrong in the math there. Seriously wrong. ;)

/ CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE! #3  
my guess the confusion lies with the difference between engine torque and the gearbox output torque

/ CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE!
I have no idea what the means, and am kinda confused, but a Chevy 454 LS6 ‘only’ puts out 500 foot pounds of torque. Are you suggesting that a sub $1000 lawn tractor transmission can handle that or output that?

Because either way, it can’t.

Something’s wrong in the math there. Seriously wrong. ;)

You have to factor in the BDU10L in the transmission housing with the steel cut gears. Also the BDU10L pump itself is 1000 dollars. So the transmission is about 1500 dollars. The K92 has 650 footpounds and thats more than the chevy ls6. The BDU21L and Sundstrand 15U pumps are even higher! The K58 tranny has more torque than the engine in my chevy equinox. So im honestly not suprised. You have to use the reduction ratio, 30.6:1 by 7.1 to get the continuous torque. Then to get the max torque, divide 1000 by 85. And you get 11.7. Then multiply by 21. You get 7518. Something inch pounds, then divide by 12 for foot pounds and get 626.5 foot pounds of torque. The facts are facts. Does seem crazy though. But cub cadet makes a quality product.

Last edited:
my guess the confusion lies with the difference between engine torque and the gearbox output torque

Ya know thats what i should have just said at first. MossRoad there is a difference between engine torque and gearbox torque.

/ CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE! #6  
I’ve finally cracked the code folks and i want you all to know! If you own or are thinking about buying a Cub Cadet with the shaft driven or older aluminum BDU10L transmissions and want to know the max torque spec. Well here it is! The torque is 626.5 footpounds of torque! I hope that that helps any owners or people looking to purchase. And to prove people who say they are comparable to a K58 wrong.
Please post the calculations u did to come up with this…..

Please post the calculations u did to come up with this…..

Did i forget to post the math? I could have sworn i posted it in this thread.

/ CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE! #8  
Ya know thats what i should have just said at first. MossRoad there is a difference between engine torque and gearbox torque.
Maybe it’s your wording, but there’s no difference in torque measurement between an engine and a gearbox. Torque is torque. It’s a measurement. Foot pounds is a measurement of twisting force put on the end of a 1 foot lever.

You’re trying to say that the gearbox puts out 650 foot pounds of torque. The gearbox doesn’t put out anything. It’s inanimate until some force is put into it.

What you’re trying to say is that it can output/produce up to 650 foot pounds of torque before it breaks.

I guarantee if you put 650 foot pounds of torque into it, it will blow up.

/ CUB CADET BDU10L TRANSMISSION MAX TORQUE! #9  
From here:

The BDU-10L has a maximum torque output of 208 pound feet of torque.

87D4F0EC-A921-4EE3-A063-40C1BF2BCCF8.jpeg

Thats for JUST THE PUMP itself. The actual final torque spec of the transmission is then the pump is in the transmission housing with the gears with the final reduction ratio. Using the specs that they use you can use the reduction ratio to find the actual torque of the pump+transaxle and gears. Thats what everyone is not understanding no offense.