Backhoe Cub Cadet Backhoe

/ Cub Cadet Backhoe #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Anyone have a Cub Cadet backhoe? I have a 7260 and was wondering if the model that matches my tractor is worth the investment. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Cub Cadet Backhoe #2  
I had a CC 7234 with the 408 Backhoe. I just traded up for a 7265. One of the considerations driving my purchase was the fact that I could use the old BH on the new machine. It's a subframe mount which makes it real sturdy and is very easy to connect and disconnect. Just make sure the BH is on level ground when you connect/disconnect. I very much like the BH. I've ridden it pretty hard digging into the rock and clay of my former coal strip mine that I call home. A post hole digger generally won't work around here so I use the BH more often than I would like. I put a dock in last year and had to dig six 4' diameter holes to sink 6" x 6" posts. Glad I didn't have to do that by hand.

/ Cub Cadet Backhoe #3  
I have a 7260 with a 408 backhoe. I've got somewhere around 100 hours seat time running the hoe, no complaints. The only problems I've had are two blown hoses. Now I check my hoses for areas of abrasion often, and I've added a couple of sections of old garden hose around my hydraulic hoes in areas where they rub. I have a 16" bucket on mine. It seems to be a good overall compromise for the abilities of the hoe. A smaller bucket would be handy when stumping. Unless your digging a lot of loose soil, or sand, you won't want to use a bigger bucket (not enough power). Greasing it often will save your pins and bushings.

The Cub Cadet hoes are built by Woods. The 408 is the same thing as a Woods 7500. Again, the 408 is a good match for the size of the 7260. Oh, and one more thing, running a backhoe is lots of fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Corm