Cub Cadet 129 mower will not disengage

/ Cub Cadet 129 mower will not disengage #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
No matter what position I put drive shaft into, the mower will not disengage. I have tried taping the front clutch, penetrating oil etc to no avail. what else can I do?

/ Cub Cadet 129 mower will not disengage #3  
No matter what position I put drive shaft into, the mower will not disengage. I have tried taping the front clutch, penetrating oil etc to no avail. what else can I do?

Are you talking about an electrical clutch on the front of the engine to power a v belt?

There will be an electrical connector near the clutch to allow it to be removed from the tractor. Disconnected the connector and see if the problem goes away or does not go away.

Dave M7040

/ Cub Cadet 129 mower will not disengage #4  
Are you talking about an electrical clutch on the front of the engine to power a v belt?

There will be an electrical connector near the clutch to allow it to be removed from the tractor. Disconnected the connector and see if the problem goes away or does not go away.

Dave M7040

Dave,
From looking at the shop manual, this tractor uses a manually operated clutch.

We still haven't heard back from the OP.

Richard

/ Cub Cadet 129 mower will not disengage #5  
Dave,
From looking at the shop manual, this tractor uses a manually operated clutch.

We still haven't heard back from the OP.

Richard

Richard

I too downloaded the WSM.

While I did see the manually engaged clutch, I also saw an electric one.

I was not convinced the WSM was for the tractor in question but am not knowledgeable in vintage Cubs

Dave M7040

/ Cub Cadet 129 mower will not disengage #6  
I worked on a 107 for someone. it had an electric clutch. I had to disassemble it to get the rust out, then it worked.. those IH Cub Cadets were really something. and you get a front loader and backhoe and just about any other attachment that a full size tractor could use, in a mini size, of course.. that's about the only tractor make that you could do that with at the same size that I've seen. it seems everyone jumped up to sub compact size to be able to do that..