Cub Cadet 1220 Hydro Grass Catcher

/ Cub Cadet 1220 Hydro Grass Catcher #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
This mower, which I recently acquired, does a perfect job mowing some rather moderate tall grass. I like to use the clippings for mulch in the large garden. I can't seem to catch the grass in the rear bags as will be illustrated with attachment photos. The clipping get stuck in the tube exiting the discharge portal. I cleaned the underside of the mower deck but to no avail. Do I have the rear drop/check wheels set too high? Any insight as to solving the problem?

Has anyone run across any blower assist for this particular Leaf/Grass catcher MTD 190-064-000?

Would you believe this is my 4th. Cub Cadet (1) 124; (2) 129; (1) 1220...and I still don't know what I am doing. My Mother, rest her soul, told me we spend our lives learning and we still die STUPID!

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    901.7 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 276
   / Cub Cadet 1220 Hydro Grass Catcher #2  
Do you have the correct blades installed? My 54 inch deck uses special high-lift blades with the bagger and has a different blade for decks without a bagger.

Bob B.

/ Cub Cadet 1220 Hydro Grass Catcher #3  
cuppla things to try...
1) gotta cut when grass is at it's driest - mid to late afternoon. Wet/dewed grass will stick in the chute. Going slower, keeping engine RPM up at max, mebbe cutting high and taking 2 passes will all help.
2) Chk condition of deck blades - especially that the upwards-bent "wings" are in good shape (not worn down or broken off) as they help create the windblast that moves the cut grass up the chute. If the blades are needing replaced, ask yer dealer about a set of "hi-lift" blades to increase the deck's ability to blow cut grass up into your catcher.
As to a power assisted blower for that catcher, can't say I've ever seen one, sorry. Good Luck !!