Cub 5254 transmission disaster

/ Cub 5254 transmission disaster #1  

ruggeri5054

Tractor
Cub 5254
I have a cub 5254 with the dreaded issues... but anything can be fixed... so I am going to **** well try.

So what happened? FIRST issue, randomly my PTO went out and appeared that the shaft was jammed and burned up the clutch, the shaft will not turn. What did I do after this? not a **** thing I hardly use it. I only use the loader.. anyways I knew that this would likely cause issues down the road,
fast forward to winter, I was plowing snow and the trans started jerking in forward and backward as if the gears were missing a few teeth. within a few days, completely would not move.

Drained the oil did not really see any metal shavings..

At this point, I assume whatever blew apart in the PTO may have got caught in the gears and blew them apart too.. IDK without tearing it apart.

My main questions are .. 1, anything similar to any of you in the past? and 2, is there any detailed information about the transmission in these...? The service manual is about as useful as a wet paper bag when it talks about the trans..

YES I know these transmissions were chineese junk, but when I split the case, everything that can be replaced will be. Oil seals to gears.

If any one either has parts, or has tore one of these apart before, please give me some input because according to the diagram it looks like a satans playground