ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #1  

kdbrown

Tractor
bobcat ct235
I have a 2009 bobcat ct 235. I have no glow plug light on the dash and the tractor won't turn over without jumping the starter solenoid.i have checked all the dead man/safety switches and fuses. I have cleaned all the grounds and battery terminals and checked all the relays. Am I missing something? HELP!!!

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #2  
Starter switch?

Mine has started to get flakey.

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue
I ohmed out the key switch every thing was good. I'm wondering if it's the ocp and how to diagnose it

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #4  
You did not mention if the Battery light and Oil Pressure lights come on in dash when key is turned on. If they do not come on, turn key to the left and hold (this is manual glow plug and circuit does not pass through the OCP or timer relay). If that glow plug light does not come (no pre-heat) then check the 60 AMP inline fuse in battery cable coming from starter into the main harness.

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #5  
Double check the battery terminals. They mys look tight, corrode out under the clamp. To check you need to fully remove and clean. Also there is a relay on the firewall. Owners manual will tell you which one. The three there are all the same so you can swap to check. Also double check the ground lug on the frame from the battery.

Hope this helps.

at the glow plug relay I have constant 12.48 volts as soon as I turn on the key the voltage drops to less than a volt{millivolts}.I have cleaned everything,battery terminals, ground lugs, frame. does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram? I don't want to just throw parts at this as my dealer says the ocp is $350

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #7  
Disconnect the wire that feeds the glow plugs and test voltage at the relay again. If it stays the same you may have a bad glow plug which is shorted to ground. If shorted to ground the relay voltage will drop like you are seeing.

Disconnect the wire that feeds the glow plugs and test voltage at the relay again. If it stays the same you may have a bad glow plug which is shorted to ground. If shorted to ground the relay voltage will drop like you are seeing.

tried that. lose voltage to both sides of the relay

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #10  
I have a 2009 bobcat ct 235. I have no glow plug light on the dash and the tractor won't turn over without jumping the starter solenoid.i have checked all the dead man/safety switches and fuses. I have cleaned all the grounds and battery terminals and checked all the relays. Am I missing something? HELP!!!

Have you verified there is no corrosion in the actual positive or negative cables leading to/from the battery to the starter/and ground to the chassis? Sometimes the actual cable(s) wires can corrode internally and cause serious issues.

I think you need to isolate what issues are what before you go get any parts, etc.
You state the engine won't turn over unless you jump the starter solenoid. How are you doing this? Are you using the tractor battery while connected to it's cables, or are you using a separate battery and jumper cables?
Whichever way you're jumping to the starter solenoid, does the tractor then start?

Last edited: