CT235 hydraulic dip stick

/ CT235 hydraulic dip stick #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
No big deal but getting a good read on my hydraulic dip stick has always been a bit of a mystery to me. If my tractor has been sitting a long time I can pull it out and there may not be anything on the stick. I can put it back in and one side might show at the add mark and the other side about half way up between the two marks. No matter how many times I put it back in and out it will show the same. What am I to believe? Any suggestions for an old man?

/ CT235 hydraulic dip stick #2  
I always read dipsticks three times - first is ignored, second is real, third is confirmation

/ CT235 hydraulic dip stick
I always read dipsticks three times - first is ignored, second is real, third is confirmation

Just don't know which side of the stick to confirm? :confused3:

/ CT235 hydraulic dip stick #4  
Half way between both sides.....:2cents:

I guess I am also wondering if any other Bobcat owners have this happen or maybe I may just be the odd duck in the pond. :confused2:

/ CT235 hydraulic dip stick #6  
I guess I am also wondering if any other Bobcat owners have this happen or maybe I may just be the odd duck in the pond. :confused2:
Not the odd duck.
My Kioti DK transmission dipstick does the exact same thing.
I go by the lowest reading on the stick after the first initial pull (first pull never shows anything )

Not the odd duck.
My Kioti DK transmission dipstick does the exact same thing.
I go by the lowest reading on the stick after the first initial pull (first pull never shows anything )

Thank you for the feedback. :thumbsup:

/ CT235 hydraulic dip stick #8  
My 2009 ct235 does the exact same thing

Thank for the feedback ReidRyan, I have determined to just make sure when taking the second reading that the level on both sides of the stick are in the ok zone.

/ CT235 hydraulic dip stick #10  
That’s what I do as well!! But it has always baffled me as to way it does that!!!