CT235 dash lights

/ CT235 dash lights #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
My dash lights don't work, fuse is good, all other lights work as they should. Have both high and low beam headlights. Any ideas? :confused:

/ CT235 dash lights #2  
Bulbs or pushed back pin in dash plug. :confused3:

/ CT235 dash lights
Pulled the dash out. About 12 or so screws and about eight different electrical plugs. Checked both dash bulbs, both showed continuity. After putting back together I happened to notice when I turn on lights (high or low) my temperature gauge pegs out. Operates as it should when lights off. I never use my lights but I suspect it has been acting this way before today. Not sure what the connection could be between temperature gauge and lights. Bottom line, I give up. If I used my lights or run at night I might be concerned.

/ CT235 dash lights #6  
It may be the switched relay. And if I can find mine, I'd verify that. But a similar problem on the CT335 was corrected by replacing that relay. I have no work lights, no gauges and no headlights but they didn't all quite at once. The work lights circuit quit first but I still had headlights after that. A few hours later I lost headlights and gauges and I'm under the impression it's the switched relay. On the CT335 it's on the firewall on left side of the tractor right between the fuel sender and the Operating Control Unit. On ours, I believe it's behind the dash.

/ CT235 dash lights
There has to be some connection between the headlights/dash lights and the temperature gauge. Because when I turn the headlights on the temperature gauge pegs out. Works as it should with lights off. :confused3:

/ CT235 dash lights #8  
Right. I found it odd that my lights and gauges still worked but later failed when the aux light circuit failed. That's the logic that I'm including you in the same issue with. According to many others with the same problem it is supposedly related to the Switch Relay. Which on our model I believe is this guy with the white plug into it directly above the Flasher Unit on the left side under the dash. But I've no idea how to get to it.
There has to be some connection between the headlights/dash lights and the temperature gauge. Because when I turn the headlights on the temperature gauge pegs out. Works as it should with lights off. :confused3:
IMG_20190626_102951.jpeg

/ CT235 dash lights
The dash is not that hard to remove. About 8 or so 10mm head screws and about that many electrical plugs and you can pull the whole thing out and look it over. Guess I should have taken some pictures.

/ CT235 dash lights #10  
Now I get a tach and temp gauge, but as soon as I set the parking brake, this signaling the parking light brake indicator to come on, I loose gauges completely.
I'm thinking there must be a way to get a wrench on what feels like a plastic nut holding that relay up under the dash that would allow it to drop down to unplug and test/replace rather than pulling the whole shroud off.