Oil & Fuel ct230 fuel gauge not working

/ ct230 fuel gauge not working #1  

turbo660

Bronze Member
Tractor
'09 bobcat ct230
Hi, just thought I'd ask if any one else has had the same problem.

Mine quit working around 45-50 hours. Would stop and start working when it wanted to. at 60 hrs stopped working altogether.checked all the fuses and are all ok. Got 75 hours on it now.

only problem so far.

Just need to bring it to the dealer to get it fixed

/ ct230 fuel gauge not working #2  
I have a CT335, mine started working erratically after about 20-30 hrs. I pulled out the sending unit to have look and it was rusted to death. Poor choice of metal. :mad:It is not rust or corrosive resistent. I told my dealer about it and he gave me another one under warranty. I'm going to pull it out again, as soon as I get around to it, and inspect it to see if they have improved it, or if i am just going to have to replace it once or twice a year!:eek:

/ ct230 fuel gauge not working
Thanks for the input, z rench. who would have thought it would rust.

How much of a pain was it to pull the sending unit?

I hope you don't have to keep replacing it that could get expensive.

/ ct230 fuel gauge not working #4  
It's very easy to replace. Just unscrew the 5 or so bolts that hold it to the top of the tank and lift it out.

/ ct230 fuel gauge not working #5  
Hey turbo660, did you ever get your fuel guage workin'?

Hey Z, no I did not get it working yet but I did pull the sending unit, and cant see anything wrong with it i.e. rust, broken, or missing parts.

I guss I am just going to have to call the dealer this week and see what they can do for me.

Well the tractor is fixed:) dropped it off at the dealer (1 mile from work) Tuesday picked it up wednesday, they replaced the sending unit and even gave it a wash:D they even gave me service with a smile::D:p

/ ct230 fuel gauge not working #8  
Do you guys store your tractors outdoors?

Do you guys store your tractors outdoors?

Girlfriend doesn't like me keeping it in the livingroom so it has to stay outside:D:D

Just kidding :D I have a portable shelter that mine stays in. no securty, but it stays out of the weather

/ ct230 fuel gauge not working #10  
My baby is stored in the garage, however it was outside on the dealer lot for possibly up to a year:(