CT 235 no forward power some reverse?

/ CT 235 no forward power some reverse? #1  

BobLou

Tractor
Bob Cat CT230. 35 Massey, Holder C500
Hello I was using me tractor and it stop going forward, no power in any of the 3 gears low, med high, it still has some reverse
I was not sure but this week it seems that it would slow down, not allot but i did not know if I was imagining things...

I have check the oil, for some reason it seems cloudy and there seems to be too much, so I'm thinking water but how could water get into this system?

I will dump the oil and replace the oil, but if any one has any ideas

and like I said it seems cloudy but is it? or is it just my imagination now.

over 2500 hR and I ve replace the oil a few times since I owned it new.

I'm not shure how these Hydrostatic work its probable a hydraulic pump, how much work is it to replace one? if that would turn out to be my problem, and any onme knows the cost of doing this job,

thank you.

/ CT 235 no forward power some reverse?
Well, after talking to 2 mechanics, i have air in my hydraulic system...could be an O ring, could be a pump, could be a plugged intake...
I will need to do more research.

/ CT 235 no forward power some reverse? #3  
Good luck with troubleshooting the problem. Sounds costly.....

/ CT 235 no forward power some reverse? #4  
Maybe check the hydraulic oil filters - possible they are a little loose and letting air in.

Might be worth it to simply replace the filters on the off chance that they are causing the issues. Cheap test vs bringing it in for more expensive/extensive work. If the fluid is cloudy, should probably change that anyway.

that's what I would do, at least - new hydro fluid and filters. It's worth a shot.

Seville, I agree.
I will get 2 new hydraulic filters. Yes this tractor has 2 and I'm not sure what one does Vs the other, so 2 filters, then on the suction side of the pump I will replace the o rings, and Bob Cat inserted a small 4 inch rubber hose in between the suction line and the pump, so I will replace this and the hose clamps. This hose is there for a vibration buffer if it would have been an all steel pipe it would have been broken already.

If this does not work, i will then need to remove the pump.

My biggest issue is that in order to get to this small rubber hose i must remove my front end loader and the brackets that hold the loader in place.

For now I will used the same oil until I know this has worked, then i will probable replace the oil and the filters once again, tractor is a 2010 with 2500 hours. Ct230.

Fairly big job. Lol. .

I will keep you posted,

/ CT 235 no forward power some reverse? #6  
Seville, I agree.
I will get 2 new hydraulic filters. Yes this tractor has 2 and I'm not sure what one does Vs the other, so 2 filters, then on the suction side of the pump I will replace the o rings, and Bob Cat inserted a small 4 inch rubber hose in between the suction line and the pump, so I will replace this and the hose clamps. This hose is there for a vibration buffer if it would have been an all steel pipe it would have been broken already.

If this does not work, i will then need to remove the pump.

My biggest issue is that in order to get to this small rubber hose i must remove my front end loader and the brackets that hold the loader in place.

For now I will used the same oil until I know this has worked, then i will probable replace the oil and the filters once again, tractor is a 2010 with 2500 hours. Ct230.

Fairly big job. Lol. .

I will keep you posted,
Any report? Did it work?

I have the exact same tractor with 2000 hours, the same thing happened to me this spring.

A pump is $6000.00 in canada. And a hole lot of work to replace

I to have a front bucket and I know the little 4 inch rubber hose you are talking about. Behind the bucket brakets.

I also have a rear back hoe. And I wonder if you have a rear back hoe, or a rear hydraulic hook up, because if you do, did you run the tractor with the small yellow lever in A or B.
This lever is on your right hand side by the seat, in normal operation you run in B
A is for when you have the back hoe attached, if you run in A without an attachment you will create air bubbles in your system. I read why but I dont remember exactly, it has to do with the oil need to circulate and if you dont have a hose in and an out hose the oil has no where to go, and the pump will create air. Some tractor also have a C and D position lever, I do not.

After this happened to me I got a small 2 feet hose made and now I hook up this hose " loop" in between my 2 rear quick attach. If I dont have the back how hook up, Or just make sure this small leaver is never in A without a rear hydraulic hook up

I was lucky I did not damage my pump,
I replaced all my hydraulic filters with new ones and put new shell spirax S4 TXM hydraulic oil, CANADIAN TIRE STORE HAS IT FOR ABOUT $130, 5 Gal pail.

Now again maybe some one can explain why if we dont have an attachment hook up to this rear port why does it do this if we have it engaged

By the way before this happened, I did not know if it was my imagination but it would seem that my trator would slow down. Just a little and I did not know why, I did get out to check for leak and I did check my level it was ok until it completely stopped and then my oil level was higher than normal and very foggy, I thought it was water until my brother in law, a heavy equipment mechanic on forestry equipment told me you have air in your system,

Hope this helps and hope you did not damage the pump, I did not have to replace mine, I did not even replace that little rubber hose behind the loader braket.

Good luck