CRP and Conservation Easements questions

/ CRP and Conservation Easements questions #11  
Conservation easement and CRP are quite a bit different.

An easement is just like it sounds. It is perpetual and are difficult if not impossible to get rid off. So they are subject to annual inspection and specific rules for use. Most if not all property that is under conservation easement has less value than property without an easement. The easement was granted by a property owner for something of value in the past, money usually.

CRP is a program that you can enroll in. It gives guidelines and specific requirements for use to receive money in return. It has a term and enrollment period.

/ CRP and Conservation Easements questions
Off the St Johns River Water Management district site; their Easements are perpetual, and it sounds like almost zero use, only able to remove invasive species, and only dead trees that are an active hazard (with their promission). University of Florida seems to be less about zero use, but maintains current use. Who knows what other organizations have then too. But, having a parcel next to that WMD wouldn't be a bad thing. Wouldn't be surprised to see county, DEP, and who knows what else having them... CRP seems much more... um, workable?

/ CRP and Conservation Easements questions #13  
We have a myriad of ways to get you to cooperate in giving up your property for a price or purpose in Virginia. LOL. It's all good, but you know...governments and the individual and all that. You have to read the fine print. Heck some of the organizations in VA will actually point you to another organization that "has a better deal". It is all in who you can talk with. We started with our local extension office and got the right direction to the county and state programs. It was educational, for us, and even the environmentalists are happy. LOL.

Also, did a bit of research, and there is a private NGO (they claim to be environmental, but you never know) that owns a Lot of them around by county, and it looks like they are small random parcel, within a 'Wildlife Corridor'.

So, locally, there at at a minimum, 2 state agency's that have them, 1 NGO, and the the CRP stuff.

Edit: I don't really believe/trust that NGO has only good intentions; as if they buy the property after getting the easement, I would Think, as the owner of the property and the easement, they could subordinate the easement some how... When yiu look at a map, they own hundreds of 1/4 acre parcels, scattered around the county; and that's just their Owned properties

/ CRP and Conservation Easements questions #15  
Some of my ground has been in CRP since it started in the mid 80s. Some is in tall prairie grass. Normally one cannot hay it but in two drought years they did permit that. That was difficult as some of it was over 6 feet tall even in the drought and thick.
The rest is in wildflowers with many bees.

/ CRP and Conservation Easements questions #16  
The question I would have is, does it permit others to use your land?

The question I would have is, does it permit others to use your land?
So, Univ of Fla's stuff say no, allows current land use to continue, and does not allow public access; Local NGO Land Conservancy.org group, says they "aquire them to allow access to landlocked public lands"... Water Management, I'm unclear if even you can use your land, no mowing, no removing trees, only invasive and hazardous, with their permission...