Crickets-Crickets-Crickets

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
How do I get rid of them. I walk in my yard and they are jumping all over the place. When I step down ten will jump out away from my feet. I am afraid it won't be long and my house will just be singing. Can I spray something in the lawn. I use to buy something for ants(just can't remember what it is) and it use to work for ants.

murph

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #2  
murph, try Spectracide Bug-Stop. Kills them for up to 4 weeks. Works on all sorts of bugs, including crickets. You can buy concentrate and mix it in your tank sprayer, I think they also have a hose-end spray available. I don't spray it in the dog area because I worry about the dogs, but I've used it and it has dramatically reduced our tick problem.

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( murph, try Spectracide Bug-Stop. Kills them for up to 4 weeks. )</font>

So Bob, after 4 weeks they come back to life?

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #4  
Sort of, I think the bugs are buddists, they come back to life as something else.

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #5  
You can use house and kennel spray for ticks and it is safe for the dogs and will kill the crickets. Crickets need moisture, so if you cut the lawn short, you will be eliminating some of the sources of moisture that they require and they will move to a more "friendly" location. They love tall grass, so eliminating it will help... Here is a web page with more information about crickets than you will ever want to know. Get some frogs and the crickets will be gone. I see frogs in my backyard, but never see any crickets.... Frogs eat crickets.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #6  
Why don't you catch them and sell them as bait. just open up a bait shop in your front yard and then problem solved.

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #7  
At our homes (both city and rural) we have chickens. They are mother natures version of insect control, if it moves they'll eat it. We have no bugs at either place or lizards for that matter.

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets
Bob and Junkman,

Thanks a bunch for your help. I will go out and get something today. I know my grass is long, I do that on purpose to choke out weeds. So I have to live with one or the other. I never have sprayed any chemicals on my lawn nor I have I used the fertilizers with weed chemicals in it.

murph

/ Crickets-Crickets-Crickets #9  
I've had good success with "roach motels" to keep them out of the house and garage. I just place the roach motels in various out-of-the-way locations and the crickets stay outside. I don't know it it kills them or drives them away but it works for me.