CREEPER GEAR OPT.

/ CREEPER GEAR OPT. #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
I am looking at buying a 5800 and a creeper gear option (dealer installed)is listed. This makes the 8X8 a 12X12. My current tractor has a 12X12 tranny and comes in handy tilling, etc. that requires slow speed. Does anyone out there have experience with this option? About what should it cost? Can you save any by installing yourself or too complicated. Am not a tractor mechanic, but posess above average mechanical skills. Thanks in advance for your comments and worthy advice.

/ CREEPER GEAR OPT. #2  
I thought I just answered this, but here goes again.

Never heard of a 5800, but that doesn't mean much if it is a new model. I have an M6800 and there is a M5700.

I looked at the creeper gear option on a M6800 Kubota. It was only a couple of hundred dollars. The dealer wanted about $900 more to split the tractor to put it in. Usually low first on an 8 speed is slow enough for tilling at PTO speed. I wish I had the creeper gear digging ditches, but just let the tractor dig them at idle to get the slow speed. If I had to split the tractor myself, I would probably put it in then, but that will probably never happen. Would be neat option if you could get it from the factory that way. It has a lot of limits on when you can use it, because the tractor becomes so strong that it will tear itself up if you get in a binding situation, so it is not for the faint of heart.