Crash & Burn Tractor Accident

/ Crash & Burn Tractor Accident #1  

woodstock

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200
DSCN1721.jpg

While ditch cutting near a rail line, a farmer was seriously burnt when his tractor flipped over backwards. He was attempting to climb out of the ditch when it flipped over despite the presence of a 3PT 72" mower. You can still see the remnants of the mower under what's left of the tractor.
He was able to pull himself out from under the burning mess. Luckily a nearby neighbor heard the screams for help and rushed him to the local hospital. He was stabilized and transported to the capital city's burn center where he remains in critical condition.
Please DON'T COUNT ON YOUR 3 PT IMPLEMENTS TO PREVENT YOU FROM GOING OVER BACKWARDS.
please excuse the poor image quality, it is a photo out of the local paper.

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 (23 hrs) All Kubota FEL,Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)

/ Crash & Burn Tractor Accident #2  
Wow, how did he get out of that. I never thought about a tractor catching fire. Where are the front tires?

/ Crash & Burn Tractor Accident #4  
I don't know if your kidding or not, I'll answer for others who might wonder. Front tires burned off. OR! He was attempting to adapt his tractor to the rails to travel to memphis and start a country western band!

Rogue

/ Crash & Burn Tractor Accident #5  
The tractor looks sorta greenish (around the charing), the wheels definitely look reddish, and it certainly is an ag tractor. All that adds up to be an old Oliver, I think. Anyone feel free to correct me on the tractor type. Ain't never seen an Oliver with ROPS. Maybe a cab that would stand the strain, but the Oliver line was probably out of production before ROPS were thought of. Good, bad or indifferent, you probably won't find many farmers that think a heck of a lot of ROPS. In tractoring, ROPS are a fairly recent lawyer induced (all beit good) safety device.

Farmer kid usetabe, Farmer Wannabe

/ Crash & Burn Tractor Accident #6  
3ph mower hanging high on a row-crop gasoline-powered tractor, going uphill, maybe lifting the mower to get off something, a little clutch impulse and it rears up, spilling fuel out the carb on a running engine - good lord.

There but for some luck goes any one of us. Luck is helped by diesels, low cg, and ROPS - but everybody should still look at that picture for a while and think. Thanks Woodstock.