Crank but no start, Kubota L4330

/ Crank but no start, Kubota L4330 #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
Started up normally yesterday, was working, then took a break. Went back to it, tractor crank and crank - but no start. Usually it starts within a second or so, very fast.

Did it yesterday, waited a couple hours, started right up. Did it a couple months ago; waited a couple hours, started right up. Now, for the 2nd day in a row: crank, crank, crank; no start.

Stop solenoid? I don't hear the familiar "click" when I turn the ignition off.

What's the purpose of the Stop Solenoid anyway?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

/ Crank but no start, Kubota L4330 #2  
The purpose of the stop solenoid is to stop the flow of fuel when you turn off the ignition. With many older tractors one would manually interrupt the flow of fuel with the hand throttle to kill the engine. On these one would have to remember to turn fuel back on to get engine to run. You should be able to bypass the stop solenoid to get the tractor running but would need a means of stopping the fuel flow to kill the engine when done.

/ Crank but no start, Kubota L4330 #3  
The glow plug solenoid on my Kubota died and I was able to replace it with one of the standard 30 amp automotive relays. The pins were in the correct location and all I needed to do was cut one off (it was one that would have power on it when the relay isn't picked). They are dirt cheap at any autoparts store since they are used for things like driving lights. I had a few kicking around so I didn't find out what Kubota charges.