Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #111  
The crack you are showing is actually in what JD calls the clutch housing. The transmission bolts into it. The transmission itself does not need to be replaced. It will be removed from the back half of the clutch housing after you have done the front half split of the tractor. Removing the transmission and the clutch housing from the final drive / rear axle housing is part of splitting the machine at the rear. It is very nearly identical to the 4720. The replacement requires that the tractor be split both front and rear. It is a significant tear down - not for the faint of heart. When mine failed it actually broke right in half. I found myself looking at the flywheel - spinning away as if nothing was wrong. I think the reason these things fail is that there is no frame between the loader and backhoe. All the tension is carried by this cast iron tube which is thinner than 1/4" in some areas. There really should be some kind of subframe from the bottom of the backhoe mounts to the loader mounts - but there is not. Alas.

Happy fixing.