COVID Impact on Auto Insurance

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #1  

KennyG

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I've been wondering what would happen to insurance rates due to the reduced driving and congestion from the COVID shutdown. I kind of expected to get a larger than usual dividend check since I have insurance from a Mutual company. However, I just got my 6 month premium notice for my truck and found it was reduced by 35%. Nice surprise! Are others seeing this?

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #2  
I've been wondering what would happen to insurance rates due to the reduced driving and congestion from the COVID shutdown. I kind of expected to get a larger than usual dividend check since I have insurance from a Mutual company. However, I just got my 6 month premium notice for my truck and found it was reduced by 35%. Nice surprise! Are others seeing this?

Yup......similar with USAA.

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #3  
Texas Farm Bureau gave me a 2 month 15% rebate, about $30.

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #4  
State Farm gave me a rebate, also.

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #5  
I got a letter from my insurance company stating they were issuing me a small refund shortly after the lockdown.

The reason was do to less miles being driven. They assumed I was stuck at home and not driving anywhere. I chose not to correct them since we were both still working and driving the same amount.

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #6  
Have gotten a couple of rebate checks from USAA. Grateful....

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #7  
Texas Farm Bureau gave me a 2 month 15% rebate, about $30.

I received a piddling $17 check from Auto Owners in early summer. It took me a couple of months to remember to make the trip to deposit at my bank. I would have preferred an account credit but I don’t think that is allowed (by ?). Maybe my rates will drop on the next annual renewal, would be nice.

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #8  
I got a letter from my insurer this spring, announcing that they were giving a 15% premium refund on auto policies for the months of April and May. I waited and waited, then realized I wasn't getting it because I have a commercial policy. For some reason I save money on my initial premium by doing it that way though, so don't miss that refund,

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #9  
3 rebates from USAA so far!

/ COVID Impact on Auto Insurance #10  

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Buyers Salt Dog Salt & Sand Spreader, Mdl. TGS058 (New: Never Used) (A33349)
Buyers Salt Dog...
2005 Ford F-350 Pickup Truck (A33544)
2005 Ford F-350...
2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO (A32908)
2003 CHEVROLET...
John Deere 400 Grain Cart (A33041)
John Deere 400...
PHELAN TRI-AXLE LOWBOY (A32908)
PHELAN TRI-AXLE...
ROPS (A33041)
ROPS (A33041)