Couple L model upgrades

/ Couple L model upgrades #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
I always like to have gauges to see what's going on so I added a few to the L2500. I really wanted a temp gauge but at first I couldn't track down what I needed. So I added an oil pressure and a amp meter. Then a little more digging and I found the P/N's for the temp gauge and sender. The sender being Kubota I guess I had to stick with the kubota gauge, would have rather had some numbers but something is better than nothing. Except for the temp gauge, the others are run of the mill auto part gauges, $10-$15. The temp sender ran about $8 and the gauge was about $50. The temp sender goes in the head, back right side if your sitting on the tractor. Sort of looks like it should be a head bolt but it's not, a 12mm if I recall, headbolts are 14mm. Oil pressure seems to run about 50 most of the time, sometimes a little less depending on the RPM. Don't think I've seen it go lower than 30-35 at a hot low idle.

Attachments

• 753525-gauges.jpg
    753525-gauges.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 650
   / Couple L model upgrades
Second one I'll get in trouble for by the ROPS police. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have serious height issues(about 1/4" clearance) getting this thing in the garage with the ag tires. Turf tires are about 2 inches lower. So I couldn't go up at all. The only holes in the ROPS are 4, 3/8" threaded holes for the back piece of angle. The side braces are part of the existing ROPS top holes. 2" angle connects to a 3/4" square tubing frame under the 1/2" ply. It's trimmed by some 3" cypress. The cypress is dadoed on to the ply. It's actually pretty strong as I've been cutting ATV trails for the past couple weekends. Noce to have a small tractor for getting in the woods. The front bumber is great for pushing over the elms that seem to sprout all over. I'll take the 1-1.25" ones no ptoblem with the 4' bush hog. The bumper came on the tractor when I bought it (homemade) and someday I plain on upgrading. No FEL planned so I want it a little higher, a little wider, and some arms extending out to cover the front axles a bit.

Hopefully I won't get arrested... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 753532-tractor1.jpg
    753532-tractor1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 511
   / Couple L model upgrades #3  
I like your gauges, nice clean install. I'm going with oil press and voltmeter on my bx2200, but don't have room in the dash so going with a pod on top of the dash and using 2-1/6" auto gauges. I will T off the sending unit for the oil idiot light and was wondering if it is metric threads, if so that may be a problem. Going to pick up the gauges tomorrow and will take the sending unit with me and hope I can find the right fittings. I just hope mine comes out as slick as yours did.

/ Couple L model upgrades
You should not have a problem with the oil. Most of not all are 1/8" pipe thread. The temp sender was different.

You probably have an idiot like for the oil, on mine the sender is on the side of the block, back, left side. I had some fittings that have a male at one end of the T, then female for the others. The OEM idiot light sender and the gauge piping tucked in well. The oil is a mechnical gauge. Sort of wish it was an electric but no room for that. I hate that plastic tubing running everywhere. I have to protect it well (rubbing, limbs, etc).

Thinking about adding one more, but then I would cover the KUBOTA on the right side of the panel. Not a big deal to me, gauges are more important.

If you are going pod and only adding those, consider the mini gauges. They might be able to get worked into a smaller area on the panel.

Thanks,
Rob