Costco advertizing new additives

/ Costco advertizing new additives #1  

Monster5601

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 R4 Tires
Stopped to fill up on the way to work this morning and look at the sign I saw on top of the gas pump at Costco (SE Michigan). I thought it was funny in-light of the recent discussions on fuel additives.

Attachments

• rsz_2011-10-28_06-52-43_564.jpg
    rsz_2011-10-28_06-52-43_564.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 651
   / Costco advertizing new additives #2  
Stopped to fill up on the way to work this morning and look at the sign I saw on top of the gas pump at Costco (SE Michigan). I thought it was funny in-light of the recent discussions on fuel additives.

But Shell does it etc. Fuel adds work (for a select fuel)..I would not go into deal here on this site. Been here longer then this logon to know how it works.

For the price of their fuel..not bad.

/ Costco advertizing new additives #3  
It must be a big deal, around here as they have added tanks to all of the stations around here to add the additive when the tanker shows up instead of at the fuel depot.

They are probably getting it direct from the supplier and cutting out the middle man.

David Kb7uns

/ Costco advertizing new additives #4  
Surprised they didn't put 'Super-duper' in there somewhere. ;)

/ Costco advertizing new additives #5  
Was it automatically included with the fuel? I saw a station that extra additives were an option...of course added some to the cost too.
One brand here is pushing they have STP additives already in the fuel...I've never been impressed by STP but I guess some are;)

/ Costco advertizing new additives
Was it automatically included with the fuel? I saw a station that extra additives were an option...of course added some to the cost too.
One brand here is pushing they have STP additives already in the fuel...I've never been impressed by STP but I guess some are;)

I'm assuming so, I didn't have any buttons to push outside of the fuel grade I wanted.

Now I know why both of my Costco's had digging going on around their gas stations the past few months.

/ Costco advertizing new additives #7  
Not that long ago additives were added at the loading rack but the driver. He'd load up his rig with API spec gasoline and then depending on where he was going, he would add the appropriate amount and the correct type of additive. It makes sense for the stations to do it themselves since they can guarantee their additive is in the product but it does cost them money to add the equipment. And yes, some have found a marketing opportunity in this by up-selling certain additives that can be automatically added at the pump.

DEWFPO

/ Costco advertizing new additives #8  

Yep, if they put an STP sign up, they won't ever see me again.:laughing:

/ Costco advertizing new additives #9  
I just wish that they would add real gas to their fuel pumps. CUT THE ETHANOL

/ Costco advertizing new additives #10  
All the Costco stations in Oregon have added above ground tanks and they have signs up for the "Kirkland Signature" additives. Was in there the other day and they were training a new guy how to add the additive when the tanker is there. So I am guessing that they add so much for what ever load the tanker has.

David Kb7uns