Cost of deep wells ???

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #11  
I was watching some woman's Yt vids (Spirit Forest) on a house she was having built in the mountains of CO. She mentioned a monthly fee after the well was drilled due to water rights.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #12  
I had a quote of $34 a foot in 2019. Didn't get drilled until 2022 at $55 a foot.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #13  
My wife was looking at a piece of land in CO. So I sent the nearest well driller an email asking about wells in the area and the response was one should bargain on 600-850 ft and an all up cost from $70-100k. Drilling and casing $80/foot. Anyone's first thoughts on that news ???

Back in 2012 I met with a well driller in a different county where pretty much all drilling is through hard rock in the mountains and the estimate was for 500ft at a price of about $26k. Something has become a lot more expensive in 10 years and it was not gas, thats for sure...
There is a lot that you can do to determine and budget for a well. If you need help let me know. All well info is public and online in CO.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #14  
20 some yrs ago we bought a property with a well. It went dry 6 months after we moved in. The Driller said $25 a foot plus casing, wire, & pump. We ended up going 500 ft. Casing every bit of it and putting in a new electric panel, 4200 gal holding tanks, 2 bladder tanks and related pumps. It was 30k when the dust settled and we ended up with a second mortgage on the place.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #15  
Initial well costs are one thing but consider the future. If you drill the first well in a subdivision, it may have to be deepened if the water table drops when subsequent wells are drilled.

My neighbors well was initially 300'. When I drilled my 500' well 6 months later, his went dry and he had to drill another 200'.

There are a lot of variables involved but certainly something to consider when pricing a well.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #16  
Yes, there a lot of scary stories of wells being drilled. But in CO it is a daily thing to dig a well. The key is to pick a property that has water. That isn’t too difficult. There are a lot of resources that are available to you to figure out if the area you are in is good or not good for a well. In the past, I mean way past, people put the house in a location where there was probably water. Nowadays people put the house in a location for the “view”. Make sure the lot you buy has those locations in the same spot.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #17  
A friend just drilled a well, he called around, nobody would quote a price per foot. Turnkey well and pump ranged from $10K to $15K. They went 300', 20' of casing and hit 5 gallons a minute and installed a 1/2 hp pump, for $10K. The contract was for up to 500', or 5 gallons per minute, no more than 100' of casing, firm fixed price.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #18  
Our well was drilled next to the house in '76 to a depth of 31 feet and we've been using it for lawn irrigation at about 10 GPM ever since. I don't remember the cost but if it was over a thousand or two we would not have been able to afford it. The driller hit a rock at 31 feet.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #19  
My wife was looking at a piece of land in CO. So I sent the nearest well driller an email asking about wells in the area and the response was one should bargain on 600-850 ft and an all up cost from $70-100k. Drilling and casing $80/foot. Anyone's first thoughts on that news ???

Back in 2012 I met with a well driller in a different county where pretty much all drilling is through hard rock in the mountains and the estimate was for 500ft at a price of about $26k. Something has become a lot more expensive in 10 years and it was not gas, thats for sure...
Its different for every state. Ours is 650 feet cost us start to finish around $12,000

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #20  
I believe the well drilling cost is directly proportional to cost per acre. :devilish: