Cost of Classic Tractors

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #12  
Also probably depends a lot on what condition you want it in.

I saw this recently, it sold for $8,100
1698871232316.png

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #13  
Get some idea check tractorhouse.com

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #14  
How much do working classic tractors cost? Where is the best place to look for one? It seems like the older models might be easier to fix than the newer ones…
Working tractors! Yes that's why you buy a tractor to get work done! A shiny new one is great until you run into an issue with the def or an electrical issue. The older tractor for the occasional use DIYer is the best bet. Since I do my own repairs I find the older tractor the most economical to have sitting around and ready to go when I need some heavy work done. Way less initial investment and sometimes, like my old Kubotas, go above and beyond the call when needed.
Parts are cheap and easy to get for the most part if I have ever needed them.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #15  
Interesting a two post wonder, two posts minutes apart and not back since posted to see any responses.
No location, tractors not real common US models.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #16  
Working tractors! Yes that's why you buy a tractor to get work done! A shiny new one is great until you run into an issue with the def or an electrical issue. The older tractor for the occasional use DIYer is the best bet. Since I do my own repairs I find the older tractor the most economical to have sitting around and ready to go when I need some heavy work done. Way less initial investment and sometimes, like my old Kubotas, go above and beyond the call when needed.
Parts are cheap and easy to get for the most part if I have ever needed them.
Well said. I don't farm hundreds of acres, but my tractors get used every day on the property and like you say, for a property or estate or hobby farmer nothing beats simple reliable old iron. And your bank account will thank you.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #17  
Also probably depends a lot on what condition you want it in.

I saw this recently, it sold for $8,100
View attachment 829793
That's nice, but boy are prices ever rising on those too now!

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #18  
I was never impressed with the little Fords, I much preferred the Allis Chalmers and Farmalls of the era.
I really doubt that the pretty little Ford was bought to be worked, I expect it is simply decoration and parades.

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #19  
Antique Power magazine is dedicated to old tractors from steam models onwards. They have a huge classified section. If it was me, I would try to get a few copies and see what is for sale near you. Steiner has a large selection of parts for older tractors, so before you buy one, check to see what parts availability is like. I have no problem getting parts for my 1952 Ford 8N, but my Case/David Brown 885 is another story!

/ Cost of Classic Tractors #20  
Antique Power magazine is dedicated to old tractors from steam models onwards. They have a huge classified section. If it was me, I would try to get a few copies and see what is for sale near you. Steiner has a large selection of parts for older tractors, so before you buy one, check to see what parts availability is like. I have no problem getting parts for my 1952 Ford 8N, but my Case/David Brown 885 is another story!
I have a Case 380CK which is essentially a slightly newer version of the David Brown 885. With a little research, I have been able to find almost everything I need to keep my DB/Case tractor in very good condition without having to order any parts from England (so far) which is where the David Browns were made (before Case purchased them). I commonly cross DB part to Case or Case to DB.