Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,,

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #12  
So, the advantages to us are:
No boiling water, the house stays cooler,,,

Give Oven Corn a try!!
You must have one of those "magic" ovens that cooks in the house WITHOUT heating up!!

SR

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #14  
Here in N. GA...the favorite on or off the cob corn is 'Silver Queen'..It is a white corn that literally melts in your mouth and is as sweet as corn gets naturally...it's hard to imagine corn being any better...!

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #15  
Here in N. GA...the favorite on or off the cob corn is 'Silver Queen'..It is a white corn that literally melts in your mouth and is as sweet as corn gets naturally...it's hard to imagine corn being any better...!
Lots of folks "use to" grow that kind here, UNTIL Ambrosia came along...

Ambrosia easily out sells it now and in MY ground, it's a much better tasting corn than SQ...

SR

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #16  
We do 'em on the grill. Soak in cool water first, turn frequently. Cut the butt, give a squeeze and enjoy.
I like it best when some of the kernels brown a bit.

That's how I do it. Then I mix butter paprika, salt, cilantro and some mayo and slather it on.

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #17  
Corn

Properly done..

Is best enjoyed

STRAIGHT UP!

No slathering needed! ;-)

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #18  
f3148efc7907c8b898ee54ddd614e4d4--lake-wobegon-kitchen-quotes.jpg

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #19  
We grow a lot of corn and cook a few dozen at a time outside in an old lobster cooker pot with a propane burner under it. I think it takes 7 or 8 minutes, wife cuts the corn off the cob, lets it cool in containers and freezes for winter. No problem.

You can also boil it with the husk on, take out of the pot and put on a smoky grill for a while. The smoke permeates the husk and corn and it is wonderful.

/ Corn On The Cob,,, - A New Way,,, #20  
Lots of folks "use to" grow that kind here, UNTIL Ambrosia came along...

Ambrosia easily out sells it now and in MY ground, it's a much better tasting corn than SQ...

SR

Not even close...if it is not N.E. GA "silver queen"...you can call Vidalia onions from ones you buy in GA and call them "Vidalia Onions"...but like the Silver Queen corn it won't even be close to the real thing...Doh!